Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the actor Wallace Shawn
Nov 17, 2003

Ears posted:

I'm looking at a career change, and a friend who is a Nurse Practitioner suggested nursing - after listening to her advice and stories, and reading this thread, it sounds like a good match for my skills and personality.

Questions are these;

1) I have a BS in Biology and am interested in a BS -> BSN program.
Know of any of these in the Philly/PA/MD regions? I'm not unable to search, but it's like a damned egg hunt and I don't have the vocabulary to search for the right program.

2) How the hell can I afford it? I'm 38, have my own house, and have a dog I love dearly that I won't give up for apartment living. Can I get a student loan that covers housing and the basics (as well as my education) since I won't be able to work in an accelerated program?

3) I hear that a lot of places will pay off your student loans, but don't know where they are or how the conditions might be. There were some examples up above... are they typical?

I am 3 classes into a MLS, but Librarianship is a vast wasteland of no-pay jobs in the public sector, and a metric fuckton of people graduating without chance of jobs because many of the old bats have ossified into their jobs are are not going anywhere.
If you already have your BS is something science relating, just go for your masters, here is a link with more info.
http://www.allnursingschools.com/featured/accelerated-msn/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU