Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

Fatty Patty posted:

anyone a Nurse anesthetist or going through the CRNA program?

A coworker of my wife's is about to finish his first semester. He is a BSN with over ten years experience in ER and ICU. He has pretty much disappeared due to the workload. The minimum standards for the program aren't crazy high, but the competition to get in is intense. Also, in the program I'm talking about at least, you cannot work as a nurse (or at all really) while in the program. So that's 2 years minimum that you won't be earning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

My wife is an ER nurse, and recently she's been talking about joining a DMAT (Disaster Medical Assistance Team). These are regional teams that can be activated by the federal govt during a national disaster or other emergency. They were sent to Katrina, and I've heard second-hand that a lot of the people on these teams got very sick due to exposure to all the toxic poo poo in the flood water. Wife is a little weird, and hanging out next to piles of rotting corpses is an experience she might enjoy, but I don't want her to get sick doing it. Anyone here ever served on a DMAT? I'm curious about actual experiences being deployed, I've already read wikipedia.