Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

Lost Downtown posted:

Are there any hospital programs in your area? For example, Bridgeport Hospital in CT has a RN diploma program that they offer free of charge... in return for a 3-5 (I forget exactly) year contract with them post-grad. Free degree + guaranteed job placement in a major hospital (they're also part of the Yale network) ain't a bad deal.

Hospital diploma programs are becoming increasingly rare, though. Bridgeport's the only one left in the state at this point and I have no idea about other states.

The major hospital system where I live offers this too, it's a 2 year work agreement after them paying for nursing school 100%. It's an insane offer to pass up really, especially since there are three more large hospitals being built by them in the vicinity over the coming years. So not only do you have a guaranteed job, you have a lot of different places to work at within their cover. I don't know why people don't take more advantage of these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU