Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starla
May 9, 2005

I hit men during sex....... and not during sex.
Just a bit of a bump- I have a question about accelerated programs.

I am 2 quarters away from getting my BA in psychology from UCSC. I have completed the required classes for the nursing program at the local community college, because I was planning to get my ASN. However, I have found this program at UCSF:
http://nurseweb.ucsf.edu/www/ps-em.htm
(Basically, if you have a BA in pretty much anything, there is a 3 year program to get your RN the first year, and your MA in Nursing to be a NP in the last two years)

Since UCSF is not only expensive, but hard to get in to, I was wondering if anyone knew of any other programs like this one. I really don't want to only apply to ONE school after graduating.

So- Does anyone have any more information about this program? Anyone know anyone that has been in it or around it? Are there any other schools with programs like this?

Just a side note: I am waiting for a spot in an externship for my Phlebotomy license right now. I have completed the classes and am just waiting to get my field experience, then take the test. I predict I will be done around Christmas time. This will hopefully help me hopefully save up some money. Will it help with my application as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU