Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinkmetallic
Jul 1, 2005

mason likes onions posted:

U of M, Wayne State, and Oakland University all have similar accelerated programs; I'm sure there are others nearby.
UofM-Flint, UofD Mercy, and EMich also have accelerated programs in SE Michigan.

I have been working full-time in HR and taking pre-req's since Jan 2007. I finally was able to apply to an ADN program in SE Michigan this December. This particular program admits by pre-req GPA, rather than a waitlist, so I should be able to start in either May or Sept. It has been a long road, but I know it's going to be worth it. I chose the ADN program over the BSN program because #1 cost (5K vs 25K) and #2 I am not sure I want to go into advanced practice nursing. I will most likely use tuition reimbursement and do a RN-BSN bridge program....very slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinkmetallic
Jul 1, 2005
Question for anyone who has taken (and passed) the NCLEX-RN:
What is the best review book for the NCLEX-RN to use - specifically throughout nursing school (not just the months leading up to the test)? I have heard Kaplan and Saunders...but I really don't have any idea.

Pinkmetallic
Jul 1, 2005
I graduated from nursing school on Friday and landed a Graduate Nurse position in the Emergency Dept where I was a Nurse Tech since last August. I could not be happier!

Now, my last "worry" is taking the NCLEX-RN. I plan to sit at the end of May/beginning of June...as soon as I get my certificate to test. Did anyone take Kaplan? Is it worth it? Has anyone done the online Kaplan (no in person class sessions)?