Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ctrl_Alt_Delete
Nov 1, 2005
I've been interested in being a Nurse for years now. I recently completed my CNA, and still love when I will be doing. That being said, money is tight, as I'm sure it is for many people. Those who I know who have gone through a program say that it is near impossible to work to support yourself and get in the time to study effectively. Does anyone know of anywhere that will pay for your school and enough to live on in exchange for working for them or in a certain area for X amount of years? Ideally I would like to not have to work while going to school, while living in an environment where I could study. I know it's a long shot, but I'm willing to move anywhere and try anything if it means that I can be a Nurse! I am currently in a community college with a 3.5 GPA, and have a lot of other classes from a University with a horrible GPA, I also have horrible credit. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ctrl_Alt_Delete
Nov 1, 2005
Live, thread, Live!!!

As a soon to be student, I would love to know more about the schooling aspect. For instance, if you could go back now, what would/wouldn't you do in school? And anyone that could share some stories, from when you first knew that you were doing something special, to the crazy things you may pull out of people, would be great!

Ctrl_Alt_Delete
Nov 1, 2005
This has been such a helpful thread, thank you everyone! I had my Nursing School Orientation yesterday and we were told we needed two sets of white scrub pants for clinicals. I have bought some in the past and have found that I cannot bend over without showing a lot of crack! So I'm basically looking for scrubs that have a boot cut or flare leg, and a high waist that I don't have to be adjusting all the time. For reference, I am 5'8" and usually buy regular length pants, but maybe I should go tall so that I may have more coverage?