Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Christoff posted:

Have made up my mind. Either want to get my Associates or Bachelors in nursing. Leaning towards my BSN. I'd like to go to University of Hawaii or Portland State for it. Assuming I can get in. Plus I'll be doing Air Force ROTC most likely.

For the BSN would I be able to just jump into it as a Junior? I thought it was a 4 year program, regardless of prior education. I'm only something like 6-10 units from my Associates or so. Originally I was going to get my ADN RN and doing that would have finished my associates with the pre-reqs. But now I'm leaning towards the BSN so I don't quite have my associates but I'm really close.

Portland State - I'm assuming in Oregon? As far as I know PSU doesn't have a nursing program. There are a few others in the city, though (Linfield, OHSU, Portland Community College)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Christoff posted:

Sorry, realized they only offer the pre-reqs to get into a BSN program.

Uh... you mean like all universities and most community colleges do I guess? I'm pretty sure they don't have a pre-nursing submajor but I might be wrong.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Personally, I prefer refer to them as "man nurses," and "woman doctors."

No you dork, nursing has always been a female-dominated field. Although there are a lot more male nurses today than there have been in the past, it's still a profession largely held by women and many people continue to see it as a female role and assume if you say "X is a nurse" that X is also a woman.