Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Ruprit posted:

This thread has been a huge help, thanks.

I thought I would post some pictures of my first foray into the world of records.

So I ended up breaking the included stylus, I'm not quite sure how exactly. I think it may have been when I took the cover off. The stylus was actually bent to one side and the tip was upside down, I have no idea how I pulled that off.

And the phono amp. Nice and simple looking.

So I was thinking about ordering an acrylic platter upgrade for the player. Is something like that worth it?

why do you need the phono amp? My dad has a 1980s technics turntable, and he recently bought a new pioneer 819 AH receiver. Does he need it for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU