Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
A guy that a met at an estate sale swore up and down that a tube amp was the only way to go. What benefit do they hold over other amps? Will they be cheaper or will they be harder to come by? What era do they come from and are there any popular brands to look into?

If there is only a subtle difference I think I am inclined to find a tube amp since the guy really left an impact on me with his passion for tubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
I just saw a Technics SL-D2 at my local thrift store. Now I am entirely new to turntables so would this is be a decent one to start out with? It had no needle but it turned on when I plugged it in. It was priced at $15 should I run and grab it or just pass it up?