Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'm new to vinyls. :shobon: So I have a few questions.
First off, I inherited a Realistic 430 table from my dad. I noticed that when I play a record with no headphones or speakers turned on the table itself is 'playing' the record. By that I mean I can faintly hear the songs playing. Why is it doing that? I thought I needed speakers for that.

I notice many people are using carbon brushes and cleaning solutions. Could I just use canned air to clean off my records, or do I really need those two instruments?

Also, how straight should records stand on their edges? Because I noticed one or two of my maxis' edges were slightly flipping outwards--not very noticeably until you put it on a table and turn it while watching its side. Should I squish all my records together?

[Note: I did buy most of my records used, and the maxis could have been slightly warped already. Best to be safe.]

e:VVV Thank you!

value-brand cereal fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU