Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

My dad gave me his old records and some small bookshelf speakers - NHT SuperZeros. The speakers seem well-regarded for budget speakers but lack any low end so I think I should get a subwoofer. I'm also looking at a Yamaha A-S301 receiver and a Fluance RT82 turntable. The plan is playing jazz records in a small living room and also hooking up the TV via the optical audio port (lets me get rid of the soundbar).

So please drop some modest subwoofer picks and tell me if I'm buying the wrong stuff. I've been checking craigslist for a week or so and all of the old turntables seem junky or overpriced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

kynikos posted:

Snagged this old Sanyo boombox at the swap meet yesterday for :10bux:. Everything seems to work aside from the tape player, which I'm guessing needs new belts. It has line in so I can use my phone at least but it's a bit of a bummer since I have a decent tape collection. Hifiengine is the only place I found that has a service manual PDF but registration is closed - anyone have access?

Sanyo's two-pronged marketing approach of babes and dachshunds was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NasVQMV8L-4