Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I'll play your little game. Apologies for the cross-post from the "recent gear/purchase" thread in The Musician's Lounge in advance. Here's my stuff (though now that I took it out of my folks' attic mom's claiming it's still "hers" after 20 years of neglect).
A Realistic STA-100 Stereo Receiver (while it's not nearly as old as some of the stuff here, the industrial-futurist design... especially that of the radio components... makes it feel like a blast from the past):

And atop it is a fancy Realistic LAB-500 turntable:

Sadly I'm playing it through my practice amp as the speakers with it are way too big for my room. If mom complains enough I'll have to go buy my own setup from a guy in town who restores this kinda stuff (for cheap!)

Entone posted:

I've been working on and off this project over the last week. I'm glad its done, and I can finally move forward with other stuff. Like a stereo tube pre-amp.

Staining the Molding, I ended up with two coats of stain and two coats of polyurethane.

I also got a piece of glass cut, and a friend's step dad gave me some mounting hardware.

I'm digging the setup. I should display my vinyl too. WHERE the Hell did you get that Pete Yorn album?! I'm a huge fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU