Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is there such a thing as a tiny amp that just takes output from a turntable and can power two speakers? Everything I'm seeing are like, AVR receivers with HDMI and it makes me think I'm not looking up the right search terms. Basically we have a small space for a turntable setup in our kitchen, and to keep it ~aesthetic~ I just want the turntable and speakers to be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

HKR posted:

yes. There are a few high end brands making them Such as this NAD, and all the rest are aliexpress sixletters. Here's a random one I found on amazon.. Note this doesn't have a pre-amp, so your turn table either needs one or you need an external one. Or you need to find one with one built in like the NAD.

Perfect, thanks!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Endless Mike posted:

Does your turntable have a built-in preamp? If it's a vintage one, this is unlikely, and you'll need an additional preamp. If it's more modern, it may have it.

Yeah I bought a Fluance RT81 and it said it has a built in pre-amp, so I should be ok.

Probably gonna spend way more money on bookshelf speakers next. 😂

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Eyud posted:

Get some active/powered speakers and you won't need an separate amp at all, just plug them right into the turntable.

Part of this little project is being able to replace this ancient Bose Bluetooth thing we have in the kitchen, so I got one of these things that says it supports BT. Hopefully everything will work so I'll be able to play records or stream music from phones whenever we're cooking or hanging out.