Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Just picked up a set of LA Scalas. Will post more pics as I get the new place set up.
Also pictured are some rediculous jbl parts that I'll post more pics of at some point. Going to have to make some custom cabinets for them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

I just did some trade work for vertical Technics Sl-v6, best part is it matches the cd player I stumbled upon at my neighbors yard sale.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

Finally got around to ordering a new diaphragm for one of my La Scalas. It's had a Mismatched mid horn in it since I got them.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

I picked up a Acoustic Research XA earlier this summer at a neighbors yard sale for :10bux:.

I got it back from the repair guy last night, put a acrylic mat on it, hooked it up to the La Scalas and drat does it sound smooth.

I think I'm At a good stopping point for gear purchases until I decide to drink the audiophile Kool Aid and need to hear the Peoples Temple Choir in higher fidelity.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

I picked up a pair of Transparent banana cables for super cheap at some point.
I really don't know how much a difference they make though, because they are on the 50s JBLs and a Parasound Zamp hooked to a Alexa dot.

https://www.transparentcable.com/collections/analog-audio-speaker-cables

Just looked up the new stuff they have, some serious bs going on for the 70k set.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

I don't know if I'm doing this correctly any more.

Found a Nad pp4 to hook the Technics up to the Marantz 7.1.

I think I found a matching Parasound preamplifier for my amp so I can fix my "having a surround system" problem.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

DoesNotCompute posted:

That is the gooniest fuckin' room on earth but I respect it. Also anyone that hasn't had first gen lascalas would probably assume that rinky dink plastic organizer would be rattling like crazy but the top surface really is solid as hell even at "ear bleed" volume.

The plastic bin is just there while I organize the cables and goony computer stuff.

Not pictured are the Magnapans that I've got set up as the surround channels for the PS5.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

I used my La Scala's and my Parasound amp for my buddies wedding, But was running it all through one of the small mixing boards I have sitting around.

It was a rooftop venue downtown, I cranked up Mr Blue Sky as a sound check that afternoon, and I'm drat sure you could here it for through most of that part of town. Was sort of overkill.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

I finally found a used parasound preAmp and a tuner locally for a decent price that matches the Amp I have.
Time to get the vertical Technics hooked back up to the LA Scalas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

Hooked up the Alexa echo Puck for testing, and I'm drat happy.