Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Just got a gigantic upgrade package of turntable goodness.

Got myself a Rega RP6 demo/open box in perfect new condition for 25% off the usual price. The RP6 comes with the Rega TT external PSU standard. It actually won't even work without it -- the turntable lacks a built in power supply, which is awesome. It came fitted with a Rega Exact II cartridge as well.

To go with this absolutely gorgeous and fantastic turntable I ordered a set of kits from bottlehead.com. I got the Reduction phono pre and the S.E.x 2.1 headphone/loudspeaker amp with the c4s upgrade board. After it arrives, and a few fun nights of soldering and building, I will have a new tube amplification system to go with my RP6.

My vinyl is going to sound better than ever. This is a crazy upgrade from my current poo poo. Here's some stock pictures of the gear:

Rega RP6. 24v with RB303 Tonearm and Exact II Cartridge.

Rega TT External PSU (Also switches rotation between 33/45. No need to move the belt manually.)

Bottlehead Reduction

Bottlehead S.E.X 2.1

Speakers are next on the upgrade list, but that is way far off. I've spent too much money on this poo poo plus other unrelated gear and expenses recently. My speaker setup, while pretty budget, actually sounds drat good. I'm rocking some semi-custom built monitors. Dayton Audio 6 1/2" woofers / 1 1/8" tweeters. I got the kit from Parts Express. It's a pretty drat good set of monitors/bookshelf speakers. To my ears they sound great for the price. Each one is sitting on top of a Dayton Audio SUB-1000 for some low end.

Damo fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jun 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU