Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
:( that's very cool and here I am trying to ditch my vintage gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

BANME.sh posted:

Is it true that 80s and even early-mid 90s CD players had really lovely DACs in them, and you're better off getting a $20 DVD player from Walmart because DAC chips these days are all pretty much standardized anyhow?

Expensive CD players and DAC's mystify me.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

It's making the circuit again but old news. There are two modern flexi plants in the US, pirates press and a weird one in Florida.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Isn't very vintage but I know someone here would know-

My manager gave me his old NuMark PPD01 mixer without a power brick and with "some problems." The problem was, without powering it on, that I saw a blown cap near the power connector on the board and replaced it.

The back of the unit says 9V - 1.5A - AC IN. I found an AC adapter that was 9v/1.5a on amazon and bought it, but when it got here it said 1.3a on it, not 1.5a, and nothing happens when I plug it in.

Now, this thing could be fried, my manager said he didn't know if it worked, that's why its free.

1) I need an AC, not DC adapter right?
2) Where the hell can I get a 9v 1.5a ac adapter

I called radio shack, crappy places like guitar center that might have power bricks, but nobody has AC bricks, not even googling. One place online I found "Planet DJ" carries something but I really want to buy it around here so I can make sure it works/fits.

1.3a is wrong for 1.5a, right?

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 24, 2015

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Aw boo. Other than visible blown capacitors is stuff I can check?