Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Lee
May 16, 2003

I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.
Just took the plunge and grabbed one of Amazon's last 1200s at that price. Can anyone point me to a good resource on the table for things like tonearm balancing, modifications, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Lee
May 16, 2003

finally getting around to posting my setup...

technics sl1200mk2
harmon/kardon hk670
sony mdr7506
b&w dm302 (not hooked up, need some stands)

William Lee
May 16, 2003

bacon! posted:

I just bought the Cambridge Audio 540P phono stage.

What are your thoughts on this unit? I'm looking to get a stage and it's right in my price range, so I'm interested.

William Lee
May 16, 2003

Doc Spratley posted:

I've got one, sounds great. I picked it up to use instead of my Technics dmc mixer. I'm setting into the monumental task of making archival rips of all my vinyl.

Does the RIAA equalization make a noticeable difference in sound quality?

William Lee
May 16, 2003

My Harmon/Kardon HK670 (made in either '79 or '80) has started to make very loud crackling sounds through the speakers when I turn it on. It also does this when I turn it off, and continues to do so for up to a minute.

Could this be related to capacitors? Any ideas about what is causing this?