Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
What do you guys use to hold your records? I stole a milk crate from work today but it's about 1/2" too small :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

HKR posted:

I hate LP storage boxes because they're not conductive to showing off your collection. Properly spaced bookshelves remain my favorite method of storage.

Problem is I don't really show off my collection, I just like being able to browse through it easier, and hold everything closer to my turntable. But that's just me \/:)\/

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

I bought these at Home Depot for $65, you can buy the individual cubes as well and connect them.

Very strong and sturdy.

Any idea what they're called? I'm looking for them on Home Depot's website.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

Let me see if I can find out, at work right now.

EDIT: All they have is the Martha Stewart stuff online. I cannot locate what I bought. :( Might be store only.

I'll measure it today.

No worries, I work right by a Home Depot, so I'm going by after work. That looks exactly like what I wanted, and there's no Ikea near me.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Note: I went by my local Home Depot and they didn't have anything that looked like what he posted, just the Martha Stewart cubes he mentioned. And those squares are only about 10.5" :( I went by Target and Lowes as well, and apparently someone sent out a memo saying "Hey, if you're making cube shelves, that have to be under 12" square for some reason"

Oh well, guess I'll drive the hour and a half to Ikea.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

echobucket posted:

I also picked up this at Target to hold my records.

This looks like exactly what I'm looking for! Do you remember the model/price? Can the records stand up straight in the cubes?

I swear it's impossible to find cube-style storage that can A) fit records and B) isn't Ikea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

evobatman posted:

I've found a $10 antistatic slipmat to be a pretty nice thing. I don't know if it does anything for sound, but it's nice not to feel sparkling static all over when switching records.

Is that what that is? I thought I was just feeling the music in my soul.

I used to have a decent home phono setup but had to sell it for money reasons. I'm going to pick up the LP60, but am mostly going to be listening on headphones, not through a receiver/speakers. Since the LP60 has a built in preamp, can I just pick up a cheap headphone preamp and be on my merry way?