Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swap_File
Nov 24, 2004
WIN386.SWP
Unfortunately all of my equipment is in storage while we remodel the house, so none of the pictures have the units turned on.

First off I have my fathers equipment:

Sansui 2000 amp

Akai X1800-SD Reel to Reel with 8-Track player

Sansui 5 way speakers. One sub, two mids, two tweeters.

He got this when he was in Vietnam, and had it shipped home. It still works great, and is usually set up in the living room hooked up to our TV.

Here is my equipment:

I picked up the Sansui 1000X at a garage sale for $5. It came with a tape deck (Broken), and two speakers (one was blown). I had to use some cleaner on the input selector, but now it works great.

The Sansui AU7900 was actually free from a neighbor. They were throwing it out because it was "too heavy".

The SE-7 is was $10 at a garage sale. It works, but I need to clean up some of the sliders.

I just usually keep mine hooked up to my computer for music playback.

Swap_File fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swap_File
Nov 24, 2004
WIN386.SWP

andretti posted:

Do you ever use this? How does reel tape and 8-track sound?

Like CuddleChunks said, lots and lots of hissing. 8-tracks are bad, but the reel to reel can be acceptable if you record at a fast enough speed and tweak the hiss filter on the amp.

Once I converted my fathers old reels to CDs I kinda stopped using it. I only occasionally hook it up to record my own 8-tracks for use in our old truck.