Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1mpper
Nov 26, 2004
Where's the best place to buy the Debut III? I haven't seen it at any of the stores around my area, and the internet seems devoid of it as well. So far E-Bay and Google turn up empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1mpper
Nov 26, 2004
Is $300 a good price for an original model Tehnics SL-1200 in good condition? Trying to determine whether it's a decent deal but I can't find any price ranges for the old models.

1mpper
Nov 26, 2004

HKR posted:

does it come with a cart? If it's a decent hi-fi cart instead of a dj cart and the turntable looks to be in excellent condition, it's a pretty decent price.

If it comes with a dj cart, try to talk the guy into a lower price since you'll want to spend around $100+ on a new one.

Nope, doesn't even come with a cart. I suppose I'll pass on it then. Technically it's $250, but it's an extra $45 shipped.

1mpper fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 28, 2010

1mpper
Nov 26, 2004
If needledoctor.com is still the go-to place to buy Debut III's, are there any glaring differences besides color between the white and the black?

Black: http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Jec...L0Jd!2091625611

White: http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Jec...L0Jd!2091625611

I'd probably prefer the black, but not enough to justify spending an extra $70.

Edit: Also, final question: How does the Audio Technica PEQ3 phono pre-amp (link) compare to the TCC TC-750 listed in the OP?

1mpper fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 28, 2010