Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

if your in the market for a new pre-amp, get the TC-750. It actually sounds so much better than the cheapo pre-amp i got from jayar radio. If you dont believe me check out the amazon reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

ok ive been inspired by this thread and want to get a vintage amp. Im looking at a pioneer SX-408 or a Technics SU-Z25 which one should i get ?

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

well i got jensen dx-80 (there 180 watts and 6 ohms) as speakers. I did a bit more looking around on ebay and i found a seller who repairs amps. So now im tempted on the SA-6300 which will underpower the speakers according to this site. Im not really worried about the look of the amp, i just want to be able to listen to vinyls without having my wife buging me to watch tv.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

andretti posted:

How loud are you interested in getting?

not that loud as i got a yamaha RX-V461 in the living room.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

So lucky i managed to score a Marantz SR-25 for free......
But in me saying that looks like the power supply on it is dead. Im not sure whether i should pony up $19 dollars and get the service manual (linky) or just try find another amp.

Also if you are in australia and want some vinyls check out red eye records

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

after reading a lot of reviews, im looking at getting a new cartridge for my turntable, and by the looks of it Shure M97xE is highly rated. Any one ever used one before ?

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Owsla posted:

That's the cart I use on my 1200 and I love it, it's very neutral and tracks insanely well. As far as I'm concerned it's perfect.

got a link for it ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Ruprit posted:

Stuff

Ohh man that looks sooo sexy, i wonder if the wife would let me buy a new turntable.