Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Fizzlebottom
May 3, 2005

I will show you wonderful, terrible things
I found something in the trash.

It's a Zenith Stereophonic Phonograph, model LPS 70L-1! (I have no idea what that means!)

It has some knobs on it.

Let's open the back just to see why someone threw it away ...
Oh hello old tubes!

I have never owned a tube phonograph before. The tubes in this guy are 1 12AX7 and 2 50C5s. I can get 12AX7 tubes just about anywhere, and the 50C5 tubes can be purchased NOS from tubedepot or thetubestore for $13 a pop. 1 of the 50C5s is not lighting up at all and the 12AX7 is dead as well. I tested that by pulling one of the preamp tubes out of my guitar amp, which lit up just fine. It hums like a motherfucker if I plug it in, no matter what the "Loudness" setting is.

I cannot find ANY good info about this phonograph anywhere. I'll spend a few bucks to fix the thing if it's worth more than a door stop. Does anyone have any info at all that may shed some light on this old piece?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU