Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruprit
Dec 25, 2005
This thread has been a huge help, thanks.

I thought I would post some pictures of my first foray into the world of records.

So I ended up breaking the included stylus, I'm not quite sure how exactly. I think it may have been when I took the cover off. The stylus was actually bent to one side and the tip was upside down, I have no idea how I pulled that off.

And the phono amp. Nice and simple looking.

So I was thinking about ordering an acrylic platter upgrade for the player. Is something like that worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruprit
Dec 25, 2005

muckswirler posted:

Are you sure it didn't come like that? I can't imagine how you could bend it that bad without realizing it. Not to mention that if it was packaged in such a way so as to allow complete disfigurement, that's not your problem. I'd try to get the manufacturer to replace it.

That's the problem, the cartridge was already assembled to the shaft and pre set-up. So it was either borked during manufacture or I did it. I'm not too broken up about it. I have read a recommend upgrade is to replace the included stylus anyway. It was a good learning experience overall, but if it was the motor on the other hand.

Beatles Love sounds amazing. I've only used AcousticSounds.com so far, but the shipment was very well packaged.