Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Can anyone tell me if Genesis 210's are good for $30? Out of the little information I can find on these I think it seems like a deal, but I wouldn't mind a little more help. Hopefully before tomorrow if at all possible. Tomorrow night I plan on checking them out, for better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Helvetica Sucks posted:

If they're not in good condition, you might be able to refoam the woofers if they've deteriorated. Hell, you could probably part them out and make your money back.

Well, I picked up the Genesis 210's today. This is my first "serious" audio purchase if you can call it that, and I am really blown away. I've always been apprehensive about audio equipment, but now I am a believer. The only problem is the lows (they are barely there). Me and my stepfather have come to the conclusion that this is caused by the crappy foam. The foam is so old that it literally falls apart when you touch it.

What I wanted to ask is; if I buy this how difficult is it for a newbie? Kind of awesome that the foam is more than the speakers, but I don't want to buy the foam and then ruin it or something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I've been looking for a decent tape deck, anyone have thoughts on the Sharp RT-100 for $15?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Is it worth investing in a new stylus for a Technics SL-BD20D? Stock it seems to have some issues with popping noises on every record I play (brand new or vintage). I was thinking something like the Audio-Technica AT92ECD would help. Do you think swapping the stylus would lessen the popping I am hearing?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

So I went to clean the stylus because I'm a bonehead and never even thought of that. Unfortunately upon inspection I noticed the stylus was all jacked up. It looked bent, or like it was falling out of the cartridge. I ended up fully breaking it while trying to fix it, so now I have an AT cartridge on the way.

Also ordered a cleaning kit so I can be an adult and maintain my turntable. Thx for the help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Anyone have any experience with DeltaMedia Type II tapes?

Was chatting with my mother in law about how I enjoy cassettes and she left the room and came back with a drat Tascam Portastudio 424 MKII to give me. :banjo:

CRAYON fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 2, 2019