Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Every group corgi video is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
We got a dog a few months ago, her name is Coy. She's a mutt and we're pretty sure she's got a lot of German Shepherd, but were not sure what else. The longer we've had her the more I see Corgi. She has a more corgi-like coat and face, but her legs aren't the typical short corgi legs. Is this common with corgi mixes?

Evidence:

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I don't know but that's a good lookin pupper. Lexi says hi

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

She is learning to put up with her sister, but all her interactions are still supervised. She is a tiny pup but she is already growing :3

I am curious, what did everyone feed their corgi pupper? We're feeding her science diet for puppies, it seems well received but I am sure someone will tell me I'm an idiot for feeding her that garbage.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

She is learning to put up with her sister, but all her interactions are still supervised. She is a tiny pup but she is already growing :3

I am curious, what did everyone feed their corgi pupper? We're feeding her science diet for puppies, it seems well received but I am sure someone will tell me I'm an idiot for feeding her that garbage.

We feed Thor Blue Buffalo grain free. If your puppy isn't really active it can take a little bit to dial in the serving size, though.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
If you have a Costco membership Kirkland brand is high in protein and affordable. Highly recommended.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

It's pretty easy to figure out which family member Waffles likes best:

I remember back when it used to be me...

Oh well.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice
Origin Regional red is what I feed Radar.
Blue Buffalo has had recalls in the past was my main gripe with them.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

If you use Google Hangouts on web or desktop (aka Gmail) type "/corgis" into your next chat.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice

mrmcd posted:

If you use Google Hangouts on web or desktop (aka Gmail) type "/corgis" into your next chat.

Made my day.
Made my wife angry.

She's chatting about when our child will be born, and here I am giggling about a cartoon corgi lol

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Do Corgies have eye problems? Like rapid sudden onset macular degeneration or something?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

I.C. posted:

Do Corgies have eye problems? Like rapid sudden onset macular degeneration or something?

My corgi has some issues with her tears, they don't run into her nose like they should so she has weepy eyes. Apparently its pretty common. I know that's different than what you said but its all I know in terms of corgi eyes.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I.C. posted:

None that I'm aware of, we met one pair of Rosie's grand dams and sires and they were healthy and spry.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
My own little corgo Korra just turned 1 this weekend so I thought I would share a few wonderful pictures of her.

It's funny how still my wife and I get stopped every day on our walks by people thinking how cute she is. We even witnessed one time a little girl just frozen mid-stride walking across the street when she saw our little doggo.

Old Swerdlow fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 4, 2017

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
:kimchi:

You should cross-post Korra's pics to the dog pictures thread post-haste!

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Trabant posted:

Will do!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trabant posted:

This is a dumb idea.

CLEARLY Old Swerdlow needs to post new pics of Korra in the dog pictures thread. Lots more!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Both!

For real, that's a ludicrously cute pup.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
So Rosie's daycare started taking seasonal pictures and she loves the camera

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Panda has many faces and this is a weird one.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Those are some happy dogs, people. You're doing it right.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Is anyone else in this thread going to the Florida Corgi Picnic this year? We went last year and it was a blast!

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

My two current Corgis. Destin is the fat one, Sully is the malnourished foster.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Yup. I recognize that face.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

The bear/corgi still living with me.

THE RAGGY
Aug 17, 2014

Corgi's do the best faces. How tolerant are they as a breed? I'm looking to introduce a second pup to my home, which is home to an aged gentle and quiet staffordshire bullterrier and have been considering Corgi and Border Terrier as options

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Mine is really binary when there is another dog in my house. She either loves them or wants to murder them. Anywhere outside of her territory (anywhere that isn’t our house) she is totally cool with other dogs.

I think that may be a personality thing more than an aspect of the breed though.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Anyone else's Corg have a yawn like my boy Bilbo here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6F8ZzmJxzw

also had a little fun with the audio on that one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-1pyCBTMRo

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Mine does the yawn-roo on a regular basis when she wants something from me, or is excited about something.

She doesn't do the Owen Wilson "WOW" though. And now I'm sad for that.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Got a couple of professional Rosie pics and a a couple of amateur ones, click for big.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

Is this the right place to show off pictures of my probably-a-corgi-mix rescue puppy Chicha? The shelter guessed Australian shepherd and black lab, but my husband and I think corgi-dachshund-whatever gave her that long tail and black coat.

e: more pics

Winter Rose fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Chicha! :kimchi:

There's also the Dog Pictures Thread which gets a lot more traffic/regular posts.

• Locked thread