Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice
Here is an issue that I want to try to fix with iTunes. I rarely use cover flow but when I do, there is a certain way that I want it to behave. I have my library set up so that albums are only associated with a song if I have that entire album. Any individual song has the album field empty. This is all good until I view it in cover flow. For each song without an album, there is an entry in cover flow of a blank album. I would prefer for cover flow to not show these unknown albums. Anyone know of a fix to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice
I am having an issue with different albums that have the same name showing up as one album on my iPod. I have three different albums titled Greatest Hits. In iTunes there isn't much problem, but when I browse by album on my iPod this appears to be one large album containing the content of all three CDs. Is there a way to fix this problem short of naming the albums "Greatest Hits - Artist?"

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice

IUG posted:

Do you have the "Compilation" tag on for these CDs? Turn it off if you do.

One of the albums did, but turning it off still did not fix the problem.

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice

IUG posted:

Are these all by the same artist? I had that problem with two albums, so I just titled one "Greatest Hits 1987" and "Greatest Hits 1990" to fix the problem.

No, it's three separate artists. I suppose I could just change the album name, but I was hoping to find a more elegant solution.

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice
I've got an iPhone app syncing question. I got the iPhone two weeks ago and have been using it without iTunes. I decided to set it up with iTunes for music and am not sure exactly how to get app syncing to work right. I disabled automatic syncing and got the apps transferred off of the iPhone onto the computer, but I have not checked the box to sync apps yet. If I do, the home screen layouts in iTunes only show the stock iPhone apps. What is the proper way to do this without losing all my app settings? Maybe if I just sync apps it will work right, I'm just paranoid that it will delete all of the apps.