Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Silly question, my wife has a bunch of purchased iTunes music that she didn't upgrade to iTunes+.

Will getting an iTunes Match subscription automatically get the 256k drm free versions of those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Atasi posted:

Looks like there's a problem with the store right now, wait an hour or so.

Stop all the downloading people. :mad:

For serious any downloads fail 4 out of 5 times.

EDIT:

Holy crap this is annoying as poo poo. I get duplicate songs with different lengths, songs changing albums after downloading, etc.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 17, 2011

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Shaocaholica posted:

Also, does itunes match remember the meta info on my songs? Thats what I've been reading. But what if I don't want my old meta info because its junk?

Yes sadly it does. Not sure if you delete it out of your library if that makes it better or not.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

TomSellek posted:

I went a long time without using "keep itunes music folder organized" but now I setup itunes match and had it redownload higher quality version songs, so now i have a ton of stuff in there anyways.

I still have all my library in a seperate folder but i'd like to just simplify everything and let itunes manage my music and have it all in the itunes folder, but just copying my old folder makes me have duplicate tracks, is there a good way to sort this all out? I am so confused. I'd like to keep the play counts and added dates and everything so what can I do?

Assuming you have the space, you should just be able to go to File -> Library -> Organize Library and tell it to consolidate files.

After that you should be able to kill off your old folder.

EDIT:

You'll probably also want to make sure you have "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" selected before doing that.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 18, 2011

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So with iTunes 11.1, I said yes to "sync all my poo poo to the cloud" for podcasts. Is there any way to undo that?

It's not really a deal breaker, but it fills up my lists with every played episode back to the dawn of time, which is kind of annoying.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Molten Llama posted:

Preferences | Store | Sync podcast subscriptions and settings:

While we're on the subject, I wish they'd split that into two preferences; I want the same subscriptions on all my devices, but not necessarily the same settings.

Yeah, I turned that off, that doesn't actually fix it, it still has all the historical episodes that you can't get rid of. Basically there seems to be no way to turn off "SHOW OLD EPISODES" now and when I finish an episode instead of just stopping it goes to the next

Basically, I don't need all of this:

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 20, 2013

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

qbert posted:

I'm in the same boat too. I don't actually care about iTunes listing all the old episodes, it's just annoying that it always jumps to the next episode in the podcast when it finishes playing one, which it didn't used to do before, except for episodes you downloaded I think.

It would appear that if you go into all your podcasts and uncheck them, it goes back to the old playback behavior. Not entirely sure what checking/unchecking them does (or if new episodes are going to be checked by default, but that at least reduced one of my annoyances.

Also, performing actions on the podcast (deleting a local copy for example) seems to recheck it, which is loving stupid.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Goober Peas posted:

I just rolled back to 11.0.5.5. I can't deal with how 11.1.0 manages podcasts - I don't need to see every episode since the dawn of time.

Blargh, I don't really want to do this, but sounds like may be a "deal with it" kind of scenario here.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Is there any way to turn off or configure the "lol I don't think you're listening to your podcasts quickly enough so I won't try and download them anymore" setting? Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Last Chance posted:

Anyone else never have major problems with iTunes? I've moved the same library around since 2004 and it's still working fine. I just get confused when people have so much trouble with it. :psyduck:

My only real issues are around podcasts, everything else has been fine. :(

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

OHhh, iTunes 11.4 just popped up for me. I wonder what terrible features it will introduce, or is it just iOS 8 support.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

mikul posted:

So iTunes 12.1 is now out and is now a fully 64bit app. Am I imagining the vastly improved start-up time?

On Mac I'm assuming? On windows it continues to be the standard pile of poo poo.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

HappyHelmet posted:

Anyone else having issues with music cutting out with 12.1? Suddenly all the mp3s I play in iTunes sound like they are corrupted and not buffering properly or something. When I play them in the Amazon music player they sound fine though.

This has happened a few times with me on windows, a reboot seems to have fixed it.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So I don't know if this a lovely apple podcasts app problem or a lovely iTunes problem, but about 50% of the time I finish a podcast on my phone, iTunes won't actually realize that I've finished the podcast, but it will think I have a few minutes left and leave it as partially played.

Anyone else have this? I don't understand how Apple, who probably did more to popularize podcasts than anyone else has managed to gently caress this up so bad.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

GokieKS posted:

The sooner you switch away from iTunes and the iOS Podcast app, the happier you'll be. Downcast is great if your computer is a Mac.

It is not :( I saw that overcast has a web client, I may look at that.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Avulsion posted:

I just wasted a few hours trying to figure out why iTunes kept maxing out one of my CPU cores, finally found the cause: Missing album art. If I have iTunes set to Always Show Artwork, and there's a placeholder icon on the screen my CPU usage goes through the roof.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm using iTunes 12.2.1.16 on Windows 8.1

Hahaha, exact same thing happens to me.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Does Apple Music not include iTunes Match? Are those two separate things or is my account just super jacked up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

I credit this thread for mentioning it, but my apple music library upload has been broken for months and magically just fixed itself today and it looks like that is populating now.