Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Does iTunes crash for anybody else when scrolling through your library? iTunes worked fine (as fine as it goes for a PC laptop) up until a few months ago and now it's a regular thing. Only happens when I'm scrolling through my library of 100GB of music unless I scroll at a snail's pace. It's so bad that I now look forward to iTunes updates for the off-chance it fixes this annoying problem.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iTunes.exe
Application Version: 12.1.2.27
Application Timestamp: 55236b62
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18798
Fault Module Timestamp: 5507b864
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000005105c
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5577
Additional Information 2: 557758bfd74b2006b7b5588d9e0ca6ac
Additional Information 3: 6980
Additional Information 4: 698076d1382ba7ad8e5fc1f2b2fd3ea9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Is iTunes still loving up album art and tracklisting? I rarely update but I really want to listen to Beats 1 Radio.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Made the leap to iTunes 12.2. Good news, my 20,000 song library wasn't hosed with and the album covers actually are where they're supposed to be. Bad news, my "icloud session has expired" every single loving time I open iTunes. How do I fix this so I don't have to enter a password every time I choose to listen to music with Apple's really good and excellent software?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

iTunes finds new ways to be horrible. I'm listening to music for an hour, no problems besides general slowness, when I decided to make a playlist. A few minutes in, I try to add some 2Pac but iTunes deletes the song I just double-clicked to play. So I double-click another song. It also is removed from iTunes. I try playing other music, but it works fine except for this one album by this one artist. The files aren't in my trash but nothing is in my iTunes media file either. These songs have just disappeared! Not retrievable either since it's from a CD I no longer have.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Keyser S0ze posted:

Did you check to see if iTunes stuck it in a "compilations" or "various artists" folder? even though it probably doesn't belong there but still.

It's not there either. Tried searching by song titles in case it erased the artist, but no luck.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's not there either. Tried searching by song titles in case it erased the artist, but no luck.

For those waiting for weeks for a resolution to my latest iTunes mess, it turns out that that one 2Pac album, which deleted songs I double clicked to play, were each renamed one-by-one to the album artist Makaveli (it kept the artist name 2Pac for fun). I guess iTunes is really adamant about alternate stage names?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Just disabled Apple Music and iCloud library sharing. iTunes actually works again! I mean, it's back to the normal lovely version but at least it no longer crashes literally 90% of the time!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Is there anyway to change the "Recently Added" layout they introduced in the latest iTunes? The old version had all my recently added songs in a long top-to-bottom chronological order playlist. But now it just shows the album art and if I play an album, it stops once that album finishes instead of going into he next. The rest of my library (artists, albums, songs) is listed in chronological order without album covers but I can't figure out how to change it for recently added...

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Anyone have this problem using Apple Music on iPhone?

An album will release songs ahead of its release (this has happened to me before, but this weekend it's Pure Comedy). I'll download them. Then when the full album comes out, I click to download the entire album and it starts to... then doesn't. I get that it might be buggy at midnight Thursday when it drops but 48 hours later it's still giving me this problem. Already tried removing the album and redownloading... doesn't work. Just lets me download those same pre-release songs and nothing else.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm setting up a brand new ThinkPad and everytime I try to install iTunes, it says there's an error because my system hasn't been modified. Anyone know what's up? Windows 10.

All the advice for solving says to delete all the iTunes/Apple files I have on my computer, but again, it's a brand new laptop.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 9, 2017

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

In the past, I primarily listened to music through mp3 files on my iTunes. In the last year, I've switched to 100% streaming through Apple music.

My problem is, I bought a new laptop. And upon adding all my tens of thousands of MP3 files to itunes (my big mistake), it synced it with my Apple music. Now Apple Music on my phone is a mess: There's hundreds of albums that show up blank (bc they're not on Apple music) or I'll download an album... only to find it's already on my phone and now there's an album with duplicates for every songs.

I don't mind removing everything BUT the stuff I added through Apple Music (AKA not the mp3s I added). Is there a way to do this? Do I turn off iCloud? I never use iTunes on my laptop for listening; solely Apple Music through my phone.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Anybody know how to turn off iPhone Apple Music’s annoying new feature where it replays an album once the last song finishes? I never had this problem until recently.

Edit: nvm. I figured out that you have to swipe up while listening to find the repeat button.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 14, 2019

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I ripped some CDs on iTunes (something I haven't done in probably 10 years) and saw that the albums are now available for me to listen to on Apple Music on my iPhone.

What is this feature? I'm not complaining, I'm just pleasantly shocked! These are limited edition CDs that are not available on Apple Music, which is the reason I wanted the files on my PC.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

I expect iTunes Match to be discontinued one day because it's useful

Does it come with an Apple Music subscription? I see on Apple's website that iTunes Match is a subscription but I never signed up for it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

When I plug in my iPhone into my PC to back it up, iTunes defaults to my SSD. Is there a way to change it so it saves to my much larger D:\ drive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

My C drive is nearly full because iTunes won't let me choose my much larger D drive (I know there's a workaround but am trying to avoid doing that) as the save point for my iPhone backup.

I would love to move that Backup folder to an external drive and then delete it off my PC. If my phone dies in the future and I need to recover it, will it be an issue if I move that Backup folder back to my PC in the same location (C > users > me > Mobilesync >)