Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

unruly posted:

Three Steps:
  • Select Songs.
  • Drag to Empty Playlists Area.
  • Right Click -> Burn Playlist.

I've always done this, though they could simplify this, I don't think this is overly complicated.
Or:

• Select songs
  • Press Ctrl-Shift-N (on Windows)
  • Hit Burn Disc! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Here's something fun for Mac users: http://fluidtunes.com/

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

iTunes Plus upgrades are finally a la carte.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/01/itunes-plus-drops-all-or-nothing-upgrades-goes-a-la-carte.ars

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

trilljester posted:

Any official release notes about it, or is it the standard "bug fix and performance enhancement" lingo notes?

quote:

iTunes 8.1 "is now faster and more responsive," Apple says. "You will enjoy noticeable improvements when working with large libraries, browsing the iTunes Store, preparing to sync with iPod or iPhone, and optimizing photos for syncing."

In addition, iTunes 8.1 provides several other improvements and bug fixes, including:

* Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation).
Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ.
Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows.
Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs.
Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods.
Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus.
Includes many accessibility improvements.
Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls.

iTunes 8.1 also includes a couple of security enhancements.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

BigBadBrewsta posted:

* iTunes Library contains 76,720 items or 433.75 GB -- all content is located on an external 1 TB USB 2.0 hard drive.

I think this is your problem.

Try this: create a library of songs from the external drive that's just 1 GB large, then try using Genius.

If it works, you'll know that 433.75 GB (jesus christ) of music files kills Genius.

If it still doesn't work, try it with 1 GB of music on your Mac's HD. If even that doesn't work then uhhh... :psyduck:

Scattered Brain posted:

stop listening to flacs and switch to 320 mp3 or something you will not be able to tell the difference anyway/stop compulsively torrenting entire discographies of artists you'll never actually listen to you'll be surprised how much of that clutter clears right up! ^_^
Yeah if FLAC worked on iTunes (and by proxy, on the iPod), you'd have a lot less angry nerds complaining about Apple.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 8, 2009

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Thwomp posted:

Anyone think the new iTunes Extras feature could lead to allowing users to rip DVDs into iTunes? I know the MPAA is still against DVD ripping (unlike the music industry now) but with iTunes now offering what is essentially a digital dvd, what are the chances we'll get a rip DVD feature like we have rip CD now?

Well, some DVDs come with a "digital copy" code where you can download the movie for free off of iTunes, but being to download a digital copy plus features would be nice too.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh finally.

iTunes 9.0.3 change log posted:

iTunes no longer ignores your "Remember password for purchasing" setting.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

9.1 is out.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

http://www.tuaw.com/2012/11/21/itunes-11-imminent-according-to-german-music-distributor/

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I hold on to the old ways as best as I am able to. :colbert:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

So this is happening:

For "It's Never Been Like That", three songs are separated from the album, and for "United" it's one song. I made sure they all have the exact same tags and such, still no luck. Should I just try re-adding them? What if that doesn't work?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The renaming trick worked, thank you. :)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Smoking Crow posted:

Ever since I upgraded to 11.1.2, I've had some ridiculous bass crackle if I'm using iTunes on my Mac. I've turned volume and bass all the way down on the equalizer. It doesn't matter if it's going through the laptop speakers or headphones. Any fixes?

Yeah, I noticed this too, something is off about iTunes. A quick google search seems to show other people experiencing the same.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

11.1.3 is out fixing that issue with the equalizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

loving hell. I hate how double clicking on a song in an album that's in the cloud will only play that one song and then stop. Yes I want it to move onto the next song.

And if I double click on a song that is actually downloaded to my Mac, it wants to play songs in a backwards order??

Did I enable some weird-rear end setting or something?

Edit: looks like this poo poo happens when I'm in Artist view. Songs view is normal playback going down my list, whether it's in the cloud or not.