Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

IUG posted:

Click to sort by Album, then click again. It becomes “Album / Year”.

I legitimately didn't know iTunes could even do this :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TACD posted:

I'm giving Apple Music another go and I still don't understand how people use this. Like literally, mechanically, how do you listen to an album you've added to your library when they so frequently split themselves like this?

I somehow thought that this was a problem with locally added music and Apple Music albums wouldn't do this but I'm clearly wrong.

Unrelated but your taste in music is excellent

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TACD posted:

I foolishly tried to solve my duplicates problem by interacting with iTunes, and clicked File > Library > Show Duplicate Items. Now my 'Recently Added' playlist is stuck in song view mode and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the album view back… I'm so, so tired of dealing with this cursed loving application every time I want to listen to music :cry:

Does it not still appear under View > View As?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

All of my music is gone from iTunes??? What the poo poo do I even have the app for if it's gonna offload everything onto another app entirely?

e: oh god it's now 3 apps to update my loving phone instead of just 1 what the gently caress is this horseshit

e e: how is this better? how is this supposed to be loving better?

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 20, 2024

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Rinkles posted:

I haven’t updated to the new app for that reason (scared it’ll gently caress up syncing with my devices) but it’s hard to image the Music app somehow being worse than iTunes.

I merely did the troglodyte move of restarting my PC to stop a couple other programs from screaming at me that they needed a restart to complete updates, then, as usual, all hell broke loose

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I get more pissed with iTunes for Windows every day. I keep finding things wrong with it that weren't problems in the previous regular version. I can't auto-jump to artists alphabetically by simply typing in the first couple letters of the artist's name now in the Songs section. The space bar is no longer bound by default to 'play/pause' and now just binds to whatever button you pressed last (or just randomly defaults to muting the music entirely, or selecting the currently playing song because it's the last thing I clicked). The left and right arrows no longer restart or skip a song, they just do nothing. Playlists randomly duplicate themselves for no apparent reason. There's a frustrating amount of empty space where everything in the interface was compact and flowed together better. I can't make the 'Listen Now' or 'Radio' options gently caress off from the sidebar. Also someone previously mentioned a dark version of this existing and I can't find anything about that in Settings.

e: selecting a song and hitting enter does not play the song anymore either jesus christ some of these things are so loving basic to running a program you're supposed to be able to use a program without a mouse as well as with a mouse i hate this so loving much

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 24, 2024

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I need to figure out how to roll all this back because this program is basically unusable to me now and I want to be able to play music easily while I'm playing games or writing, and this has just made every process so much slower by breaking every keyboard shortcut in existence. Can I safely roll back to the previous version of iTunes without it loving up updates to my iPhone?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Stare-Out posted:

You can still use iTunes for device/pocasts/audiobooks, but the music section is completely gone because it's in Music now. It's so dumb.

It's functionally not iTunes anymore because it's for podcasts now exclusively, so it's...iPods.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

It did it for me when I restarted my PC without having installed Apple Music, but saying that, I was forced to install Apple TV a couple weeks ago to watch a movie I'd rented because iTunes was flat-out refusing to play it

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I don't seem to be able to add my locally stored music to Apple Music on Windows. Any thoughts?

I'm having the same issue with my iPad; I can't add videos locally stored onto the iPad anymore. There's also no way anymore to see what media is actually on either the iPad or the iPhone, and any attempt to look at either library through Apple Music just tells me that I need to open the corresponding program, with no cohesion across any of them. This whole migration is just an annoying loving disaster and is legitimately putting me off even using Apple Music for just listening to music, let alone updating my phone.

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 25, 2024

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Can't set albums by year in Apple Music, only alphabetically, fuckin :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

IUG posted:

Click to sort by album, then again to sort by album, by year.

Doesn't work for me, it jut keeps reversing the order