Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002
Can someone tell me how to change which folders iTunes uses for the library? I have my music backed up on another drives but iTunes has both in its library, which means every album shows 2 copies of the each song :( I've googled relentlessly but haven't found a solution to this simple problem..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002

pokeyman posted:

Preferences > Advanced > iTunes Music folder location is the setting, but it's probably not what you want.

Also consider File > Library > Consolidate Library (this will move everything in your library to the aforementioned folder) if that's something you want to do, but it probably isn't.

File > Show Duplicates might help.

All I want to do is remove a folder from the library... basic functionality but I can't find it anywhere. Is Apple really this daft?

edit: I tried show duplicates but it doesn't actually remove anything from the library. Instead it just shows all my music, because everything's backed up like it should be. Consolidate library isn't what I want either because my music is already nicely organized thanks to Foobar.

The only reason I wanted to use iTunes was to try the Genius function... oh well :(

Killmaster fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 3, 2008

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002

IUG posted:

Show the duplicates, sort by date or whatever gets most of them on one side of the list, select them, delete them from library. If you're using iTunes to consolidate your library, it will ask you if you just want to remove the files, or delete them from the computer entirely (move them to the trash/recycling bin).

Got it to work with the "date added" column. Still a pain in the rear end though. Thanks!

Now is there any way to get it to recognize the %album artist% field from Foobar? It also doesn't recognize my idv2 tags due to some bug that they haven't fixed, but I know about that...