Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snappy Zings
Feb 19, 2003
I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID TO DO A SIMPLE SEARCH OF THE FORUMS.
I've looked through Google, this whole thread, and other sites and haven't found the answer to this question.

How can I queue up a song to play next? For example, Winamp for Windows allows you to play a song on a playlist next in order, by selecting the song and hitting the 'Q' key. I use a Mac at work, so I'm wondering if there a way to do this on iTunes? I've looked and looked and can't find out how.

I'd rather not download a widget or script or anything that I'd have to install separately from iTunes--in my opinion, something like this should be ingrained in a music player/library manager.

I know I can arrange the songs in the order I want, but it doesn't work for me when I need to leave the computer but would like to set a particular amount of songs to play in the order I select. I know about the "Play Next in Party Shuffle" feature, but I don't like it and don't want to suck it up and use it. I'd rather highlight a track on a playlist, hit a button or select a command, and have that song play next in the order.

To explain better, here's a playlist:
code:
- The Killers - When You Were Young < currently playing
- Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
- Keane - Lovers are Losing
- Kanye West - Heartless
- Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry
Winamp allows me to choose which songs play in a particular order by selecting them and hitting 'Q'. So, let's say I want Cold War Kids to play after the current song, then have Kings of Leon play, followed by Keane. It should look like this:
code:
- The Killers - When You Were Young < currently playing
- Kings of Leon - Use Somebody [2]
- Keane - Lovers are Losing [3]
- Kanye West - Heartless
- Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry [1]
Anyone have a clue how to queue up songs easily in iTunes like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm the live sound engineer at a club in my town and use iTunes to play the in-house music between bands and/or during parties, etc. simply because of the library feature. Thanks in advance, SH/SC masters and slaves.

Snappy Zings fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 8, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU