Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Is there a way to mirror the sound front two channels to the rear and/or surround channels in iTunes? I googled for something obvious/easy and searched the first page and saw nothing, but I'm sure the answer is somewhere :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Any of you guys know why after changing my system drive over to an SDD and restoring my old itunes library from an update that iTunes now stops responding for 3-5 seconds whenever I do a manual track change?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
how do I un-gently caress my library after changing the drive letter for all the songs? nothing else about the path is different, just the drive letter.

can I change the library .itdb(?() file itself somehow? like gently caress i'm actually updating all these things.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

IUG posted:

I know I’ve done this before where it asks you to fix one song, then it asks you to try to fix all songs with that file path. That, or the library file is an xml file you could maybe do a find & replace on.
apparently the xml file is created only for other programs to interface with iTunes, which uses the Apple proprietary .itl format. i don't know if I could find/replace in the xml and convert it to .itl but that sounds un-fun

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

WattsvilleBlues posted:

If you're on Windows, hold Shift while you're clicking the iTunes icon til it prompts for the new Library location, then point it at the new Library.
no, my problem is that my old library thinks all my songs are found in the D:/ drive, when they are now all found on the E:/ drive. I need to update the drive letter of all the songs in my library.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yup this was how I used to update my drive letter as well. Junk you had to edit the XML, then open iTunes with a CTRL + click, or ALT + click or something to select a library file? Can’t remember, but it was something like that. The XML is definitely editable, but also needed a kick to re-read the file.
What did you use to edit the XML file?

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 8, 2018

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Can you change the drive letters around to make life easier?
i dont want to make life easier! I did get it fixed, however. The trick is to open the XML of the old library in Atom or some other nerd-rear end text editor, find/replace to swap the old drive letter for the new, then delete all the itl files, then in iTunes go to File -> Library -> Import Playlist and select the edited XML file.

thanks for the assistance, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i have a bunch of single music tracks from various albums across my library that appear as both songs and as podcast episodes for some reason, which is clogging up my podcast feed. is there any way to fix these in a batch without having to go through re-add the songs manually?