Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is there a fix/workaround for iTunes and the new iPod nanos sorting tracks differently? In iTunes I can have an album with a couple of different artists on (but not a compilation - the majority of the album will be one artist with a couple of tracks being that artist vs. another etc), and as long as the album artist tag is set, iTunes sees it as one album, and Cover Flow reflects this. Also when I pick that artist it will show all the tracks on the album, as it should do.

However, my iPod nano seems to just look at the artist tag, meaning when I select that album after picking an artist, it's missing a couple of tracks. Is this a bug or do I just have to put up with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You can't ever be 100% sure. I've never had iTunes delete my songs though. If your music files are all over the place then consolidating the library before upgrading might help you.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get the feeling we're all on borrowed time as far as trying to manage a music library on Windows and using an iPhone is concerned though.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Apple can't seem to make software for playing sounds

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If your mobile provider blocks adult content by default until you enable it then imgur can get swept up in that

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Seems to be an issue if your Windows language is set to anything other than US English

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Seems to be fixed now. Just updated through the Windows app store.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lamont posted:

A friend gifted me a tv series on iTunes, and I tried to redeem it but the software said I had to accept the terms and conditions, and there is no way to do this on Windows.

Apparently this is a known problem where they just expect you to own an Apple device in order to accept the T&Cs. One solution online suggested downloading Apple Music to my phone and accepting them in that, but it hasn't worked.

Anyone by any chance found a solution to this?

Have you tried it in here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.atve.sony.appletv&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

iTunes Match is meant to upload anything it doesn't have but sometimes it matches the wrong version of a song and because it's Apple there is no control given to the user to be able to say "no that's wrong please upload the file on my computer".

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I expect iTunes Match to be discontinued one day because it's useful

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Are your ID3 tags formatted in a weird way? 1904 is the start of dates in Excel but I can't see what that has to do with iTunes. Can only assume if you have the year field as "03" then it's defaulting to the earliest year it can actually store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What I found out to my detriment when I had a Mac a few years ago was that the database conversion was a one-way thing and I couldn't copy my files over to a PC and resume where I left off but in iTunes. Fortunately I had a backup of the library that I could go back to and only had a few albums to re-import, but it's definitely getting more difficult to maintain a music collection that you've built up over time.