Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

micropenis
Jul 19, 2004
An '04 Mac user from the UK. What's worse?
Deleting Music from your hard drive within Playlists and Smart Playlists!
In a smart playlist, such as "Recently Added" it may have Music you don't want on your computer. To delete it you usually have to go back into your Library, find the music, delete and move to trash. It's a god drat hassle.

You can just highlight the music in your Smart Playlist and then press Command + Alt + Delete

iTunes will then ask if you want to delete the music from your hard drive, as if you were deleting from the library. I can't believe I didn't know this sooner because it was one of my biggest gripes with iTunes. Hopefully some of you will find this tip handy if you don't know it already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

micropenis
Jul 19, 2004
An '04 Mac user from the UK. What's worse?
I've started to add Apple Lossless files to my iTunes library and I like this feature:

But is there any way to change that from 128kbps to say, 192kbps?

128kbps is a tad too low. Not that I can hear the difference with my Apple earbuds though.