Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!
iTunes can do a few things at once, like rip from CD, play something, and sync your iPod. The status display shows one thing at a time, and though it tries to flip through the items, sometimes you want to see what's up. In the playback info area with the track name and such, clicking the little circle on the left with a triangle in it will flip through the progress or status of each task. It also brings up an animated frequency graph display.

Seems basic, but I have run into people who did not know you can click on the thing.

If your tracks are not tagged to your liking, you can do batch edits. Put together a list you want to edit, using regular or smart playlists, or navigating the library. Select multiple tracks with shift-click, then press Control-I on Windows, or Command-I on Mac. It'll ask you if you want to edit multiple items, click Yes.

I use it to fix album art for my obscure-rear end albums, change genre labels that were granted by some microcephalic lunatic, and turn compilations that are buried in 'Various Artists' into more accessible albums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU