Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

This is one of my favorite utilities ever:
iTunes Library Updater: http://itlu.ownz.ch/wordpress/

It will go through your library and clean out missing files, update track information, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

So I take it that all of the automatic lyric import apps for iTunes are still dead in the water? I haven't found a compatible one in months.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Dimentia posted:

GimmeSomeTune used to be decent, but it just suddenly stopped fetching lyrics one day.

I also just found out that iPods won't display lyrics properly unless there is a blank line inserted at the end of the lyrics. Queue manually adding extra blank lines to the lyrics of 6000 songs... :psypop:

Are you serious?! That would explain why 75% of my songs no longer display lyrics on the iPod. Goddddddddaammmmmmmmmmitttttttt.

edit: I'm running Windows 7, but thanks anyways Lawen.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Is there still no working app to automatically import lyrics into iTunes? I know its been broken for quite some time due to some legal issues.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

IUG posted:

I'm using GetLyrical now, and it's finding stuff more consistently than anything else I've used before. The GUI is a bit ugly, but it gets the job done.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation. Even with a lovely GUI, its still a step up from nothing!

edit: Argh, I probably should have specified that I'm running Win 7 :( Thanks anyways.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 2, 2010