Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
It has been touched on on the last page, but I want to stress it: give the Party Shuffle a try, it's like always having a party!

But really, it has the following advantages:

• If I don't know what to play, I just use the standard shuffle. By selecting different playlists I can control what kinds of songs are played. Easy enough.
  • You can still listen to complete albums by just selecting a whole album in the library, then using "Play Next in Party Shuffle". It will retain the order of the tracks. Hitting "Refresh" will not remove the manually added songs.
  • This is what I like most and is a missing feature from iTunes: If you hold Command (I guess on windows it's ctrl?) and click on one of the checkboxes in the Party Shuffle, all of them get deselected. So when the current song is over, iTunes stops playing. This is a little hacky but works, unlike some Applescripts I have tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

groverat posted:

First and foremost you should also get the How Soon Is Now? cover by Snake River Conspiracy.

Anyway I have played around with iTunes DJ and found out one thing: You can only request songs that are in the "Source:" playlist set in iTunes. Makes a lot of sense but I was confused at first. Interesting feature that will spawn technocratic parties I guess.

But what's annyoing to me is that there are no checkboxes in the DJ any more; I would uncheck all the songs in the list to emulate "stop after current track". (See my other posts in this thread.) And scripts didn't work for me that well. I guess I will have to give them a try again.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Neco posted:

But what's annyoing to me is that there are no checkboxes in the DJ any more; I would uncheck all the songs in the list to emulate "stop after current track". (See my other posts in this thread.) And scripts didn't work for me that well. I guess I will have to give them a try again.

Quoting myself because that's what the cool kids here do. :cool:

Just creating an empty playlist and selecting it as source will do the trick. The downside here is that you have to remove tracks that you had added manually for this to work.