Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

For proper tagging and music cleaning, just look at TuneUp. It's an addon for iTunes that can clean/auto tag poo poo and add album art. It's $20 for a lifetime license, I dropped it after about 5 minutes of using it. Just makes life simpler, if you're lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

So, without creating a new playlist, how do I get it to play just the title track of an album? If I search for the name, it shows and plays the whole album.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

elf help book posted:

Click the spy glass in the search box, pick Song, search

Excellent, thanks. I've seen that before but I immediately forgot about it, apparently.

Does it default back to Search everything next time or will I have to change it around?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

-Dethstryk- posted:

Just go to their page in the store and click the price/buy button. It should say you've already purchased it and let you download it again.

You have to email their support and beg and plead to get it put up for redownload.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ok, half iTunes half Front Row - does any one know of a way to get album art into Front Row on a shared Library? I've got all my music on my desktop and I'm sharing it via iTunes for front row, but it has no album art. Considering I've put a lot of effort into getting artwork for everything in my library, this is a bit vexing. Is there any kind of addon or 3rd party program I could use to put the album art in the stream?

Barring that, what's the best way to sync a library between a Windows desktop and an OSX desktop. They're right next to each other and I'd like something automated that would keep the Mac's library up to date with the Windows one. I'd actually prefer if it copied the files over instead of playing them via share, but it's an acceptable cost if that's not possible.

The Windows library is unmanaged, as in I take care of file/folder structure. The OSX one can be either, whichever works better.