Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
I know you said you don't want to do it using Party Shuffle, but why is that exactly? If it's because you don't want to play songs in a random order generally, then I think you can just drop whole playlists into Party Shuffle and they'll play in that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

psilocyber posted:

2) how to fix the problem of duplicate song imports?
Most likely problem is that you're importing all the files individually, and then importing them again by importing the playlist. Do a search for .m3u files and the like and delete them before importing.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past
I can't imagine it's possible but I thought I'd ask... I'm planning on replacing all my Beatles mp3s with the new remasters that are coming out tomorrow. Ideally I'd like to somehow replace the existing files with the remasters while keeping the ratings, play counts and other information like that. Is that at all possible?

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

Carthag posted:

Sorry, I was a bit unclear, not from the library, the actual files. If you replace a file with a new one in the file system, iTunes will pick that one up instead.
Ah... I was wondering why it wasn't working.
In the end I went the long way around and just imported them, named the artist Beatles Remasted, then manually edited the ratings (sort by number of stars, playcounts)... I don't care too much and it did work in the end. Took about 45 minutes maybe.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

errno posted:

A friend of mine who's relatively new to the whole iTunes / iPhone thing has come across a problem.

Basically, they've synced some folders of photos over to the iPhone with the Photos tab in iTunes, ie, their User/Pictures folder, checked the boxes next to the subfolders to sync, and its copied them across. A few weeks later decided to uncheck those folders in the list, and obviously as expected those folders and photos are removed from the iPhone. The issue is that now, those folders that were synced are now completely empty - and I have no idea how this is even remotely possible with just syncing with iTunes.

There's about 20 different folders that were synced so it somewhat removes the possibility that someone has gone into each subfolder and accidentally deleted the pictures, but its not like files delete themselves and I'm quite sure iTunes isn't to blame here.

Any idea what the gently caress is going on?

It's iTunes on Windows vista if that makes any difference. I also tried syncing and 'un-syncing' a test folder just to see if it would happen again (which it didn't).
Did they select 'let iTunes organise my files'? Do the pictures still show up in iTunes itself or anything?

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

evensevenone posted:

Is there a way to make is so that when I download an MP3 in Firefox, it gets added to a playlist in iTunes instead of just playing in iTunes immediately?

This is in OSX by the way.

Instead of opening it, download it to the 'automatically import into iTunes' folder. It'll then be added to your recently added playlist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past
Is there an app to run iTunes as a service on my little HTPC? If I just leave it running it seems to cause issues and crash every now and then.

I found out that there's something called jTunes http://www.johncleary.net/2009/11/download-jtunes-here/ but there's no way to actually download it it seems, and it's definitely not being developed anymore.