Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The music in this game is instant nostalgia, it's wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

mfcrocker posted:

The music in this game is instant nostalgia, it's wonderful

I've had a bunch of the tracks in my library for ages. Backyard Jazz and Omni 1 Inner Sanctum are two of the most evocative for me. I feel similarly attached to the music from EvE Online.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Dick Trauma posted:

I've had a bunch of the tracks in my library for ages. Backyard Jazz and Omni 1 Inner Sanctum are two of the most evocative for me. I feel similarly attached to the music from EvE Online.

I still remember the first time I heard Backyard Jazz, it was amazing. Too bad it was the only high point whatsoever.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

How about when you blitzed your first Concrete Cushion? :allears:

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
God damnit stop bumping this. I get my hopes up someone has started a new org and want to resub.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kak posted:

God damnit stop bumping this. I get my hopes up someone has started a new org and want to resub.
This shambling zombie of a game / thread will never stop. You can't kill what's already dead.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
This dead gay thread about a dead gay game will be ten years old next december :corsair:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

How about when you blitzed your first Concrete Cushion? :allears:

o tempora o mores

[Darknet] Darknet: [WTS] 2x ql10 concrete cushions 200m pst [Vathurt]

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Fewd posted:

o tempora o mores

[Darknet] Darknet: [WTS] 2x ql10 concrete cushions 200m pst [Vathurt]

:yikes:

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

wtb grid armor

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Shredder posted:

wtb grid armor

Probably easier to buy the items you need to make it? Or just kill a million mobs until one drops the macguffin you need?

Also, someone give me GAmk2... :homebrew:

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

I mean, that should only serve to underline that money is easy to make. Any lowbie with clicksaver can get a couple of sets pr hour, or complete sets of medsuits or the Beyer CL pistols. All the old standbys are still there, and the average player is still hugely lazy.

Speaking of something else, there was tower wars this evening. Been awhile since that was a thing. Boy, pvp seems to be mostly NTs and then the rest.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

SoW plz

Maimgara posted:

Speaking of something else, there was tower wars this evening. Been awhile since that was a thing. Boy, pvp seems to be mostly NTs and then the rest.

I would've liked to introduce them to my chair-wielding Atrox Enforcer. :black101:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Maimgara posted:

Some omni orgs seem to be doing it again. Last I checked, omni exp bonus was around 10.5%. Omni bonus was something like 0.006% for the longest time when I last played AO.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Nostalgia-subbed twice in the last 5 years. The last time I took my fixer from 167 to 190something. Joined an org and everything. Grinding inf missions seemed stupid and I couldn't determine what the end goal was.

The time before was kind of fun. Multiboxing an engineer, crat, trader and mp and facerolled totw and foremans up to about level 80. Gearing four characters simultaneously kind of sucks though and then losing control of your pet because your mocham wore off and what the gently caress which one is it oh we all wiped sucks. And I ran out of money. But it was fun for a while.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I like to login a few times a year for a nice nostalgia hit. It's the only MMO that has ever drawn me back in at all. Thankfully it's also one of the few still operating in a classic state.

I haven't had a sub since maybe '05 or '06 though, never play long enough to justify it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I like walking around and taking in the sights and sounds, but lort the Rubi-Ka grind is somehow worse than I remember and leveling is sooooo sloooooow compared to modern games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I would resub if they gave me another free month at some point but I'm never giving them a cent.

• Locked thread