Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cobra-Commander posted:

Atrox fixer is the best, grid armor and a large hp bonus. I would main tank everything for my old clan mercenaries of kai, before we all left for swg when notum wars became unfun. The game has a great soundtrack also, worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8ryBJPTCg
the soundtrack does seriously own

maybe i'll play a MA...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol ao got an update

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

please knock Mom! posted:

lol ao got an update

AO is in Funcom's bizarre purgatory realm where it's in maintenance mode except for the part where half a year later they push a small anti-exploit update.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
february - september patch notes: "fixed a few sploits"

I actually lolled

if this ain't worth the most expensive mmo sub around, I dunno what is

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
sup goon man I ran into last night!!!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
This game is like dracula it's never gonna loving die

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
uh dracula died buddy

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ugh its Troika posted:

uh dracula died buddy

I have news for you!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
im having a cool+good time playing again, but its been like 10 years so

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

I think I saw some GoonCorp people online last night. Somebody resurrect the old guild?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Nah, that's just me, I reactivated my old account and a buddy's old account for buffbot purposes.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Any goons still playing this ? I reupped to see whats going on.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I uninstalled it recently, which probably means I'll need to set up my skillbars again when I inevitably resub

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

I have a couple of Clan characters I'm farting around on. If you ever see my enforcer Saintpepsi or my martial artist Lomein around feel free to say hi.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm resubbing lmfao

I want to make a pistolero with dual pistols (diamondine counts). What's the best profession to try that as? I was thinking agent or adventurer (tired of pet classes like crat/engi)

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

I'm resubbing lmfao

I want to make a pistolero with dual pistols (diamondine counts). What's the best profession to try that as? I was thinking agent or adventurer (tired of pet classes like crat/engi)

Trader and adventurer would probably have the easiest time getting a pair on.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I resubbed and I made an agent, planning to twink for s7

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

So yeah, caught myself bronchitis and while fever hallucinating I resubbed for a month. Why do I shovel money into this dying dumpster fire

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

So yeah, caught myself bronchitis and while fever hallucinating I resubbed for a month. Why do I shovel money into this dying dumpster fire

Are you playing something around lv110 because I'm leveling a new solitus soldier

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Are you playing something around lv110 because I'm leveling a new solitus soldier

Nope :/ Got nothing around that level. If I can help with anything though, honk away.

I thought to pick up my eternity project of a soldier from 2004 and maybe 220 him, he's 217 now.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
RIP, I'm mostly soloing. I've got a 211 enforcer (sort of geared, CM + dpanther/300 kyr hammer) but I kinda got bored of him.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

Have you looked at the market terminal? The inflation seems to be going through the roof with the same rate as the game population is dying. Just couple things I looked and seems empty ancient devices are 400 million now, predator pieces varying but 30 million for pieces that were only couple before. 240+ viralbots 85m+. :lol:

Prices have literally multiplied with double digit amounts since I last played. You can forget about buying anything any more.

It's pretty depressing seeing AO in this state, all the bots are gone too because FC apprently banned the people who maintained them. So no more iraid, dnet, neutnet, nothing. Welp.

Tbh, funcum should just pull the plug on AO and stop raping its battered corpse.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Darknet still exists, but yeah. I wanted to buy a leveling perennium, 150m for a ql100 blaster. Jobe full auto pistol, 100m. I just bought 1b credits off some RMT site for less than 2 bucks (lol) and used that. Just cancelled my sub, nothing to do.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Thanks for that piece of info, I had never heard of this bot. It's good there's at least one left...

I'm gonna exercise me some futility and play since I already paid for the month and all that. Threw in extra 10 bucks to transfer my doctor to my other account so can duo doc and soldier. So far it's been pretty nice, the soldier is much smoother to pair with doc than my old fixer despite the fixer being relatively decked out. Fixers tend to eat horrible spike damages and die.

Shame there's no open raidbot any more though. If you're omni and wanna raid you more or less have to join one of the two bigger orgs that are still active.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Seems like it'd be better to just hand it over to the community like some of these other early-2000s MMOs.

Otherwise it's going the way of Shadowbane I think.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Seems like it'd be better to just hand it over to the community like some of these other early-2000s MMOs.

Otherwise it's going the way of Shadowbane I think.

Sounds like an interesting idea, the concept of community development with consent from the games original devs (And hence access to their tools/no need to emulate a tonne of stuff) is working for natural selection 2.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Funcom isn't willing to hand over AO like that. I believe they think it's worth 'several million dollars', or at least I remember them alluding to a figure like that.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Funcom isn't willing to hand over AO like that. I believe they think it's worth 'several million dollars', or at least I remember them alluding to a figure like that.

It is deeply unfortunate that they think AO being priceless means it's actually expensive.

Then again, everything Funcom has done re: AO has been deeply unfortunate for as far back as I can remember.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Funcom is a deeply unfortunate company. Who in 2018 even cares about Conan and that dreadfully boring world around him? But hey, that's their plan.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Age of Conan is to MMOs what the Ben-Hur reboot is to movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0&t=167s

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 22, 2018

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Everything funcom touches rots and dies. For a long time I thought they were actually okay but last shreds of my faith towards FC went down the pooper when they managed to completely and decisively ruin TSW by redesigning it into that meth lab explosion that is TSW:Legends.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fewd posted:

Holy poo poo

Have you looked at the market terminal? The inflation seems to be going through the roof with the same rate as the game population is dying. Just couple things I looked and seems empty ancient devices are 400 million now, predator pieces varying but 30 million for pieces that were only couple before. 240+ viralbots 85m+. :lol:

Prices have literally multiplied with double digit amounts since I last played. You can forget about buying anything any more.

It's pretty depressing seeing AO in this state, all the bots are gone too because FC apprently banned the people who maintained them. So no more iraid, dnet, neutnet, nothing. Welp.

Tbh, funcum should just pull the plug on AO and stop raping its battered corpse.
This just now occurred to me, but with this it seems the way to play AO these days is to do it solo, froob, just to explore the general atmosphere at this point.

Which probably isn't a bad way to play all things considered.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah, it's sort of fun to just go around checking old places, wallowing in nostalgy.

I don't think I could do the whole froob thing any more though. I did so hideously many RK missions back in the day that I still get physically nauseous even just thinking of doing one. Thankfully there are daily missions these days that you no longer need to grind RK missions for tokens if you don't want to.

RE: insane market prices
The prices are high but so far it hasn't been a problem cause people are actually buying stuff for those prices. I've been farming albtraum a little bit, or at least the couple first bosses which I can handle, and credits are pouring in from every hole and nostril. Made nearly a billion so far from selling stuff that isn't even rare.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, so inflation, but inflation because there are just so many credits sloshing around the in-game economy.

*wearing Froob shirt in-game, holds out cup for free money*

PLZ GIVE

Well, haven't done that yet, but I will.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I bought 1b for a dollar and just played with that

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

While I seriously doubt there is any risk from FC direction when it comes to RMT, you can buy a shitton on credits "legit" too. Those 30 day subscription time cards, GRACEs, they're apprently selling for 9 billion+. Even the scammers on market terminal have buy orders at nearly 8 billion.

As an old AO player I find this inflation kinda hilarious. I remember when buying a piece of nadir steel ribbed from a shopping channel auction for 100k meant you were pretty well off :kiddo:

But yeah. Just sold more albtraum trash for two billion, I don't even know what to buy at this point any more.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
THe way the economy is right now, it's not hard to break into it, you can make a lot of billions before even reaching 200. Or just buy enough to twink a character forever for $30.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
you can't buy company

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
That should be funcoms motto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Fewd posted:

While I seriously doubt there is any risk from FC direction when it comes to RMT, you can buy a shitton on credits "legit" too. Those 30 day subscription time cards, GRACEs, they're apprently selling for 9 billion+. Even the scammers on market terminal have buy orders at nearly 8 billion.

As an old AO player I find this inflation kinda hilarious. I remember when buying a piece of nadir steel ribbed from a shopping channel auction for 100k meant you were pretty well off :kiddo:

But yeah. Just sold more albtraum trash for two billion, I don't even know what to buy at this point any more.

As someone who still has a launch-Fixer at level 130ish with a million bucks in the wallet, this post seems like high fantasy.

Jumping on the nostalgia :bandwagon: though: tried fighting a few MOBs north of 20K in the CAV, but oh man did I forget how bad the xp grind was back in the early days. And I remember this was a game known for "fast leveling" compared to other contemporaries like EQ or AC. Also, the weapons/armor I can afford now do not work against green MOBs.

The thing that really sticks out is the music: walking around 20K or Omni-1 feels super familiar, but distanced by memory, like visiting an old house or former school.

• Locked thread