Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

ten_twentyfour posted:

I played this game from about launch up until about last year. It soaked up so much of my life, but I wouldn't change a thing. It is without a doubt the most fun I've ever had with a video game. To be honest though, it has definitely lost a lot of its appeal.

It was fun in the beginning because there was so much mystery to the whole game. People would level ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE on Rubi-ka, the community was great, and the gameplay was fun. NW made the game amazingly fun. I remember every friday night going in-game to a huge party at Reet Retreat where everyone would dance in-game while listening to a live DJ steaming.

I think a lot of MMO's are like that at launch, but whether they have something like Shadowlands or not, people find the places with the best XP/loot and the dynamic shifts from a trial-and-error sandbox type play to grinding. I've had the most fun playing games at launch, but once things start getting systemized they start to lose their appeal to me.

AO was fun though, I heard a lot about it from a friend who had beta'd, so I got it when it was launched (playing over dial-up, on a low end computer). I used to have to turn the graphics all the way down, look at my feet, and navigate by the minimap to get through Omni-1. I liked the social/non-killing stuff aspects of it, and like the guy I'm quoting said, there's lots of cool little touches all throughout Rubi-Ka. I eventually quit because the combined technical issues of both the game and my lovely computer were too much. I'd love to play again, but don't really have the time anymore. I miss high school :smith:

I dunno if Agents should be considered a "hard" class. I played mine pretty seat-of-the-pants up to 50 or so and had no problems, although admittedly I was given a pretty dastardly rifle by some high level dude in my guild. (I one-shotted a few people in PvP.) I really liked the idea of the class, and it was a lot of fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread