Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007
If anyone needs help at all on RK1, feel free to send a tell to me. If I am offline I will get back to you. Been playing for 4 years now.

Character info (90% of the time I play on this toon): http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Aberroyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Vidmaster posted:

For all of you who don't have any of the new nanos, I would be happy to help out with my 220 doctor. If we have a few decent 215-220s and can rope in an enforcer or soldier or something, we could probably plow through them in a few hours or over the course of a few days. All I'd want in exchange is your undying love and possibly help with some of that stuff on my other characters when they get there.

Also if any of you are getting the booster, I'd love to get a goon team together to run through some of the content.

What server are you on?

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Vidmaster posted:

Anyone try out the booster yet? Any thoughts? I liked seeing the new areas, though it doesn't seem very soloable yet (or at least the alien area isn't), as everything there is level 250-300. The quests seemed ok, though we got to the 3rd one in the alien area and had to camp a couple of mobs for 3 rare nodrop/unique items, and it kind of got frustrating there because everyone else was camping them too and the drops were pretty rare. Still, looking forward to trying out some of the other stuff and getting cool new items.

It's not too bad so far. I'm not having any problems solo'ing the alien area unless I aggro about 3-4 mobs at the same time. They seemed to have nerfed the aliens HP really badly. The quest mission where you have to kill the one mob that pops every 5-10 minutes is terrible, however. 30 - 220's standing around waiting for the pop, basically every soldier there just full auto's into it and the mob is done.

I haven't done much dust brigade yet. Most it seems pretty solo'able until I hit one of the hardcore mobs that hits for 3-4k every time (I think Area A in the pit has most of them). I plan on getting the org together to do it a little more once it dies down a little and it's not just 100 people in the same area, trying to accomplish the same thing.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Captain Schlork posted:

I've heard people praise how nice the new playfields look.

They are really quite stunning once you take a step back and really take an in depth look at them. At first you think it looks like a bunch of brown crap, but zoom out and look around. It is definitely one of the most intricate playfields they have made along with Pandemonium and Inferno.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Candida albicans posted:

Question for people who have done HI raid... How far could I solo the waves as a 220 shade? Any chance of getting 4th champion down alone? I was planning to get that medusa brain for my engy but I haven't done HI before so dunno how hard it is.

HI is pretty rough. You can probably make it there, but it will be tough if you try to stay past that.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Candida albicans posted:

I'm only aiming at 4th wave for now, hopefully the brain has a decent drop chance from that.

What server are you on? I'll help you out if you want :)

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Candida albicans posted:

Atlantean, mostly on my new engy, Mubot. Might try it once or twice this weekend depending on drop rate on that scorpion crap needed to start the event.

Send me a tell at my username on here. I'm usually on between 6am-11am central time.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Captain Schlork posted:

Aww yeah got my Inf boots. Is anyone doing the Ice Golem soon-ish? Paying a couple mil (or whatever the current rate is) for lootrights.

Guild might be doing it soon on RK1, I'll let you guys know in the thread.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Captain Schlork posted:

Okay, I need more evades. A lot more evades, preferably. I'm using Shadowweb Spinner 5, QL238 Mystical Force tight pants, a few pieces of Apocalypse Leather, one Problem Avoiding Device in my NCU, my OFAB sleeve gives some more defs, Acrobat is fully perked and I'm using Slip of Idea. What more can I actually even fit in there? I can't afford AI armor, at all, as I blew a massive chunk of my measly credits just into getting to Inferno. I'm level 186.

I'm having close to 2300 evades when I've got Dance of Fools running and all my AAD stuff on top of that, and I'm still taking a lot of hits from orange mobs. What gives?

That was the exact problem I had at around that range. Just keep leveling hard. Make sure you're always full def and try your hardest to not pull aggro. Once you start getting SK, your evades will go crazy high. Unperked mine are around 2150-2200 on my 220 MA, which is honestly kinda low for these days. I still get hit, but a LOT less. Evades won't prevent you from getting hit, you will just get hit less often.

This shot is about a year ago at 218 on my Solitus MA:

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Candida albicans posted:

I'm gonna run IS on Sunday for my alts MoR. If anyone wants to tag along for some IS item then drop Mubot a tell in game. Gonna go in there around 7-8ish AM GMT, late evening for US. At that time there's probably no froobs and other poo poo training around.

No Hezak though. If memory serves, I don't think it ended well at all when I last tried to solo him. :v:

E: oh yea, and this is on Atlantean.

I will try to make it. I still have an IS pass I haven't used.

220 MA

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Tyshalob posted:

Made 900k last night selling Concrete Cushions and Second Hand Old English Trading Company Pistols. :smug: Concrete Cushions pretty much go for 100k a set now and pistols 75 - 100k a set.

I'm not very happy with the way the melee advie is turning out, and I decided to just keep him around to blitz for junk to sell and fund a Martial Artist.

Send me a tell ingame if you have any questions or issues. I will be more than happy to help you out however I can.

/tell aberroyc

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

ScaerCroe posted:

So I can get to 220, or the cap or whatever, in 3 weeks? Of playtime, or actual time?

I have known people to do it in 2 weeks of actual time. But that's usually with pocket tanks all the way up until the several day grind of Inf mish's.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

OWLS! posted:

Welp, I have the grind bug, and RO isn't gonna cut it. Figure I'll putz around on my free account or something.

I still have a day or two where I get the itch to play and grind non-stop. Eventually it passes, but the cravings are getting worse and worse...

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

Interociter posted:

I'm getting a flare-up of my every-3-years itch to play AO (not that I have ever played it very well or very long). If I were to do so now, when there seems to be no Goon social support, is there another group I should hook up with?

I'll try to resist the temptation, but...I am but a man.

It happens dude. I get it still once every 6 months or so. I end up logging into a froob account on RK1 and seeing how dead the game is now. OA hill, Borealis, ICC, etc. I then retreat for a few months and come back.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

plehsistential posted:

Basically this, except for me I just use AORC to look at my friends list and see all the offline people. I stopped logging in with an actual froob account after seeing the cash shop for the first time months ago.

Also hey Abe, its Niq :)

I get on every now and then and go check the corner on OA hill. Sadly it is quite deserted. I haven't even logged into a froob account in about a year.

Good to see ya, Niq! Been a long time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007

ahmeni posted:

They're completely* fixed**!

* if your idea of everything you want to do is kite hecklers
** no seriously i hope you like doing the heckler work while everyone else sits down

Working as intended.

The Funcom motto for AO.

• Locked thread