Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
Every time I see a screenshot of this game I feel like re-activating one of my 5 accounts! About a year ago I got my Fixer to 220 and all of a sudden I stopped playing.

I know they patched in the instanced zones recently and I wonder how well that is working now. It seemed to me that smaller Orgs would be able to do those end game content on their own. Maybe I should check that out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
This booster is just like a small expansion and much bigger than a regular content upgrade. It actually comes out on Feb 19th and you can pre-order now to get a Hover Chair as a bonus.

The new missions and content will probably be in Rubi-Ka, just like the rest of the Alien Invasion content.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
I pre-ordered the expansion at that discounted price because I had a bunch of those paid points in my account that I never used. I did not re-subscribe yet, but I will do so in a month.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
If you know what you are doing or have someone to help/fund you initially with some nice over-equipped gear, you can level really fast.

I remember that I used to start alts where I had all the equipment I would need up to level 100 or so ready to go and getting those 100 levels in a matter of a few days of playing.

I have no idea how to level a character efficiently nowadays though...

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

EDGECRUSHER posted:

I tried the whole month getting a team in Inferno. Nobody wants a 218/21 Fixer for poo poo except FGrid or ncu/gsf.
I missed the wave of everyone doing the drat "new" nano missions, so that's off the table. Pretty much the only thing I can do is run around the battlestation AOE snare to gently caress and trying to FA a gimp here or there. Whee whoop, got OFAB and my mk.5 and a shitton of extra points. But it drives me nuts I can't get my Improved nano line, or my SWSXI? (is it?) because ain't a drat person doing DB missions anymore.

I'll try again if/when the new engine comes out. I really wish the endgame wasn't something you have to get in on the first wave or you're hosed.

I got to 220 and I kind of gave up on those new Nanos. I could never find enough people to help me out with those quests. They should make the Nano available for purchasing after a while, because getting parties to do old quest lines is very tough.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

PolishSausage posted:

I got a free month from Funcom for being old-school I guess. So I'm in the game again mainly as Coldshade, 214 shade from waayyyy back. I'll try and use roflbot to meet up with goons:)

I think they are giving 30 days free to all old accounts. I got it for all my 4! I'm in as Daill, 220 fixer. I won't be playing daily but I plan to do some stuff over the weekend.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

blackmanjew posted:

I really wished people would go through RK. Shadowlands kind of ruined this game IMO.

This. I've been playing AO on and off since release and I think Shadowlands pretty much divided the game in two. And it made no sense either, trying to add some fantasy stuff to a game that had such a strong Sci-Fi base.

They should just work on AO2. I've been waiting for that engine upgrade for years now and I'm not sure it will be worth it.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
Yalmahas were awesome. The other day some WoW friends of mine were bragging that WoW was one of the first MMOs to offer flying mounts. I was like "Bitch, please. AO did that so many years ago!". I miss AO golden times so much... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
I played AO from launch and kept playing it for like 4 years straight. I quit and came back to it a few times and I collected 5 accounts with different classes at 200+ levels. This game, bugs and all, was awesome back then. This week I was talking to some of my friends that used to play and we plan on rolling fresh new characters and struggling to 220 all over again without too much outside help. That should be fun, or not. We were pretty much just waiting for that Graphical update. It's been what, 3 or 4 years since they promised that? Any chance of that getting released this year?

• Locked thread