Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Vidmaster posted:

Expanding on what Captain Schlork said, you get a limited number of free reset points (each of which can be used to reset one skill), one full reset, and then if you need more you can buy them in the shadowlands for 250 million credits each, or you can buy them from the lost eden vendors for 50,000 victory points. I think you get something like 40 of them free though, which is more than enough unless you seriously seriously screwed things up by trying to max every single skill every level or something.

It's still a pain, and I wish they'd implement a better system though. I did hear they're doing something to improve perk resetting though, so maybe we'll get a full perk reset every 24 hours or something in addition to the ones we get every 2 hours now.

Last time I was active, I did a complete IPR and perk reset, which took a week. I can say pretty safely that's what drove me back away from the game, spending all that drat time just to get my 300 Hawk mk5 on, the putting everything back where it belonged. Didn't even resub after that, but it's probably because being a Fixer in full perk reset really makes you drat near worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
I tried the whole month getting a team in Inferno. Nobody wants a 218/21 Fixer for poo poo except FGrid or ncu/gsf.
I missed the wave of everyone doing the drat "new" nano missions, so that's off the table. Pretty much the only thing I can do is run around the battlestation AOE snare to gently caress and trying to FA a gimp here or there. Whee whoop, got OFAB and my mk.5 and a shitton of extra points. But it drives me nuts I can't get my Improved nano line, or my SWSXI? (is it?) because ain't a drat person doing DB missions anymore.

I'll try again if/when the new engine comes out. I really wish the endgame wasn't something you have to get in on the first wave or you're hosed.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
A new expansion?

Don't know what it will do in terms of bringing me back though

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Vidmaster posted:

DB quest line, or the APF nanos. I don't know if I can solo-doc for the sector with the towers and 2 generals, but I should be able to handle all the others with a little luck and a good team. I'll also help out with albtraum, the DB1/2 encounters, and the adonis/penumbra quests.

I am on RK1.

I have a 218 Fixer on RK1 that's missing all of that junk. I'll check on re-subbing this weekend and see if I can hook up with you guys.
I've got all my "end game" weapons and almost all the armor (minus the last SWS) and was spending night after night on LFT (think I already complained about this, so sorry) so let my account lapse again. Still have to grind out the last level 10's in research and F me when it came to the pads and DB poo poo.

Anyway, "Emilin" is the name of my Fixer.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
drat, I just re-upped and missed that it was already on live. Damnit.

Says agents can use new nanos in FP. I don't want to break out the alt account just yet, but man it'd be sweet to cast comp mochs with him :]

I hope that's what it means.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Slave posted:

* Enfo: Mongo's Gargantua, Mongo's Mighty Colossus, Mongo's Mega Leviathan
* Advy: Lifecure, Lupus Oculus, Vision of the Wolf, Freedom of the Forester, Freedom of the Ranger, Light of Life
* Crat: Motivational Speech: Opportunity Knocks, Motivational Speech: Organizational Opportunitites, Motivational Speech: Only the Paranoid Will Survive!, Motivational Speech: Implement Through Iteration
* MA: Aegis of Metal, Aegis of Stone
* Engi/Crat/MP: Pet Attention, Improved Pet Attention, Pet Steal Back, Improved Pet Steal Back
* Fixer: Shadow Trail, Shadow Step, NCU Compressor, Retool NCU, Jury-rigged NCU Analyzer, Deck Recoder
* MP: Calling of Curatem The Grand, Calling of Altumus, Calling of The Vivificator, Composite Teachings, Composite Mastery

Composite mastery :toot:

That's friggin' awesome man, thanks for digging that up. I have a 120ish Agent that I enjoy FP'ing to MP for solo missions, and it's great to get some more of their nanos. The Fixer NCU is unnecessary, but being able to do comp mastery trumps all :xd:

I'm on west coast US time at night, and it would make make me drat happy to get a team for Alap pads. Like I said before, just drop a /tell Emilin on RK1 and I'll be down for anything!

EDGECRUSHER fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 21, 2009

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
First full night back, and maybe it's just the timezone I play on (GMT -7) but this poo poo LFT crap is pissing me off. I guess I should try and do the new stuff if I get the expansion, because I'll never get the goddamn old DB nano quest.

Man that pisses me off.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Captain Schlork posted:

Okay, I need more evades. A lot more evades, preferably. I'm using Shadowweb Spinner 5, QL238 Mystical Force tight pants, a few pieces of Apocalypse Leather, one Problem Avoiding Device in my NCU, my OFAB sleeve gives some more defs, Acrobat is fully perked and I'm using Slip of Idea. What more can I actually even fit in there? I can't afford AI armor, at all, as I blew a massive chunk of my measly credits just into getting to Inferno. I'm level 186.

I'm having close to 2300 evades when I've got Dance of Fools running and all my AAD stuff on top of that, and I'm still taking a lot of hits from orange mobs. What gives?

Are your OFAB sleeves the Penultimate (upgraded)? You might not feel like doing an implant overhaul, but I started to use high QL implants in some slots instead of symbs around that level. Left wrist and Feet are what come to mind, but it's your call. Blitz some shiny clusters and step in some kick rear end imps.
How are you with Tier armor? Aruls?
Also, keep shopping chan open you can catch a good QL AI eye implant from time to time.
Research going well? There's those attunement devices too, and alien beacons, that add all def and evades.

Almost forgot: get your 1k board too!

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
I'm farming the PBs for the Inf key now, but I think I found your problem: you're clan :p

No really, it seems (outside of implants, a necessary timesink really) you've got everything that you're supposed to as a Fixer. I'd try and time your Dance of Fools and Limber so that they overlap (one at a time) but apart from that and research, don't know what else to recommend.
It gets a bit worse on damage once you pick up a Hawk. Even though I've been prone to PvP just by swapping around some rings and such, on large raids I'm real good on damage and in missions, getting Enforcers asking "can you stop hogging the agg please". You really do start putting out numbers like a light soldier by your mid 200's.

All I guess that would be left is your implants/symbs. Some of the more expensive ones I've found have next to nobody ever camping the named mobs for the PB boss.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Interesting week, got to 219 and stalled out on teams. No hope for getting any of the DB poo poo done, and only a miracle did I get the 1k board upgrade quest done. Same with the Xan poo poo, I think that I'm just going to call it quits after this month is up.

Meh, it's a fun game, but when you miss poo poo, there's nothing you can do about it.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Yeah you guys covered it. I've always been too slow or not even on when new poo poo hits, and have been playing catch up for years now. I was thinking of just buying my goddamn alb bracer parts, I'm so drat tired of getting the losing end of the roll on each time I go.
I really do hope that a new engine will bring people back. Right now, it's a bit too elitist for my tastes-and I end up talking poo poo to some raid leader for being a prick and wow! no more APF for me :/

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Wish I could answer your question Tyshalob, but in my experience it's difficult to get attached to any particular weapon at lower levels because you just end up leveling past it faster than you think.

I just can't quit AO. I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall for so long that it's numb and it won't matter if I bang it some more. I'm going to sell a lot of poo poo and try my best to "buy" the drat items I need.

Sucks.

Don't hesitate to shoot me a tell if you need fgrid or other Fixer poo poo (Emilin is my main on RK1)

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Captain Schlork posted:

Oh god oh god can't wait to get to test out the perk reset NPC! I'll finally have an excuse to do some big time twinking.

Perk reset NPC?

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
I have to say this because damnit, it's pissed me off before and it's pissing me off now.

I'm sick of Hellcom being a personal raid bot for a few "select" people. Fuckers delayed a Beast raid for over two hours so they could "have better times during free for all week".
Since I don't run a bot, am not a raid leader, and loving hate rear end in a top hat super nerds who like to "run" things, I guess this game is become less and less for me.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Vidmaster posted:

We just need to hope Pande gets instanced and that mob HP gets toned down a bit so we can run it with the 6 220 goons and all get burdens and poo poo.

I know they've been talking about it for ages, and what I've heard on HC (this is RK1) is anyone who tries and "break out" to do anything in Pande without HC's approval will get banned.

That, and yeah the Tara thing is loving stupid. The RL will go on and on about who one bot has nothing to do with the other, but then they'll loving delay Tara while defending some loving org's 200 fields, or delay starting a Pande raid because Clanners keep playing hide and go gently caress yourself with towers.

Overall, like I said, I hate not having a chance to get jack and poo poo for my fixer because all the endgame poo poo is brooded over by a bunch of loving sycophantic weasels.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Luminous posted:

Moving against either raidbot will get you banned from the raidbots, yeah. There have been some hilarious drama cases from that.

Haha, whichever raid leaders are telling you that poo poo must be new. Towers have always had precedence over raids. It may be annoying, but the reasoning for it is sound, although it may be harder to fathom if you do not actually own towers or care about pvp.

That said, you are exactly like one of those sycophantic weasels, except that you apparently haven't gotten anything. You are still placing your desire above other people's desires, and so, are really no better than them. It would be nice if the community raid bot scene would die off, as it does create an unnatural time sink...but there in is the point - with enough time, anybody can have anything. Just that people want it "right now" which is what prompted the inclusion of FFA week, etc. You can't have it both ways. If you believe you should be able to get your gear "right now" then form a group instead of grinding raid points. Give it a shot during FFA. You cannot have both aspects - that is, you cannot rely on others to do the heavy lifting but expect to be the one that gets paid.

The raid bot scene is quite a beast to deal with :(

I complain only because I actually do their biddings. I go to towers (I do bitch and complain but only because I'm there shooting people) the same as I go to HC/Tara raids. I figure that's the only way I can try and say something about it-I'm not sitting on my rear end doing nothing while everyone is out shooting.

The 2000-3000 points for a Burden is ridiculous though.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Vidmaster posted:

So, who's up for APF or DB2/Alb farming this weekend?

ME!

I'm going to ding 220 this weekend. 6? years running for this moment

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Candida albicans posted:

And here I thought I was the only one who took six and half years to finally get a char to 220. Grats on the level. After that you can go sit at trade grid and get bored.

Finally hit 220 at 6:30AM after an all night binge. Thanks!

I'm sitting on the full Inferno PB (Omni) set if you guys want to schedule something. That, and now that I'm a full fledged 220, I can go afk for hours at TG!

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Vidmaster posted:

Anyone want to help me with the fixer grid quest tonight or tomorrow? Anyone, maybe with a high level fixer who's done it before and maybe posts in this thread occasionally? :shobon:

So...that would be me. If you're on RK1, send me a /tell Emilin wtf doode lets do fgrid quest

Just be warned that I did it in 2004 so I'll be a bit rusty.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
I was told there were too many guests on the bot! We scare everyone there!

In other news, my fixer now has a DShark on. PvP sucks, but by Crom PvM is awesome with that drat thing :)

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Vidmaster posted:

Nice! I just got a syndicate messenger gun on my fixer last night. Almost soloed a heckler in ely, but died when it was about 2 hits away from going down since my HoTs still suck. I need to kill the borgs in milky way to get the best short HoT, and I need to just go out and buy the 135 long hot. I'm also not sure if I should upgrade to OT Steel ribbed or not.

If you're on a free account, a mix of CDS and OT Steel is a good way to go

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
First few days of using the DShark I'm happy to report I've got some mad damage coming out the end of it. The only ones who do more than me are soldiers now, and it's close :)

Vidmaster, you get team fgrid done yet? Hit me up if you haven't.

As for the agent info, what tentacles and socialsecurity said is right on. Low levels I've FP'd MP not just to give myself mochams, but for meatball and healpet, it's great for solo'ing. Just don't think you can cast jack or poo poo without being next to the implant clinic to give nano back to you.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
After a year off, I'm back on RK1. Being a 220 Fixer with a DShark kinda makes me special, but good lord where are the goddamn choices for endgame? Everything is so..what's the word? "Choose one thing only" poo poo. Can't have anything to swap out unless I'm just a SMG-only Fixer.

So, for the next month, I'm going to be trying to get all these goddamn nanos that FC decided I needed, but never get a team that it requires to. Always the same thing :]

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Well, now the "Collector" hit, and that's what everyone is doing.
Can't get the people for anything else, plain and simple. Being a Fixer, I guess it's not what is wanted as I've wasted 6 hours now waiting on LFT, trying at different times.
I can see the good idea behind the Collector, but it literally leaves the rest of the game even more of a ghost town than before. poo poo, I can't even get a proper city raid unless I go make my own team of alts.

I'm going to keep trying-after all, I paid for a month, so I'm going to try. I just don't see any game holding my attention after this.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Flu Roo posted:

Quit WoW a long time ago, recently chilled on my 3 Eve characters (still skilling of course) and I think I'm going to pick this up. Loving the complexities based on what I've read, and I have a lot of free time on my hands these days.

Which server do I roll on? How do I find you folks?

I just put my 3 Eve accounts on ice too, odd :?

The game, once you get past the ancient graphics, really does have a lot to do. What Nosthula is saying is too true though, endgame is poo poo. I have a single 220 Fixer that has yet to do this "Collector" bullshit, but I've found that taking charge and making my own team is the only option at this point.

I've been playing AO off and on for such a long time, yet I still feel I don't even know half of what I should. There is so much depth to many aspects of the game (making an overpowered PvP character, for one, is a headache) I just hope the day comes sooner than later we get a update worth a poo poo.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Flu Roo posted:

I'm pretty excited, reading all the FAQ's before creating a character. I'm thinking I'll go with a 'meatier' class until I start to comprehend the mechanics and character development process.

Are you selling your Eve characters? Mine are all pretty high up there and I contemplated it, but I think I'll end up getting the bug again one day and would be sad to have sold them.

Still hoping to find out where most of goons live so I can roll on the right server. is the page 1 info still accurate?

I'm thinking about selling my chars, especially my "main" one. I haven't had fun in Eve in a couple years now, and my 64mil SP is just wasting away. Dunno if I will, but I'm close to it.

RK1 is where everyone will eventually end up, so try RK1.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Conskill posted:

If I was a Froob, I'd go Omni without reservations. The EXTREME EVIL presentation in Shadowlands grates at me. What the Hell goes into that kind of thinking anyway? "I don't think our game's story is shallow enough, let's make one side cavort with demonic aliens and responsible for the near-genocide of the human race."

It doesn't really matter for gameplay, but I'm the sort of nerd that cares about the story.

Did you read the lead-up fiction story about AO? The whole Omni thing came from people who wanted to live forever. Has a lot of shades of the Dune prequels.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Conskill posted:

Its been years since I read Prophet, but my recollection is.

1) The Omega received alien nanotech from the Unredeemed and became immortal.
2) They then decided to destroy civilization and nearly wipe out the human race. Because.
3) They then emerge from their caves after thousands of years to enslave the crude remnants of mankind. Because.
4) A Redeemed eugenics experiment produces a messiah who Does Stuff and overthrows the Omega.
5) The surviving Omega create Omni-Tek. This new corporation displays unusual competency with Omega technology, but nobody seems to care.

It's very possible I've forgotten details that make this seem less silly.

I wasn't using it as an example of a great literary work, it just gives a lot of words to the "yup, we're bad guys. baaaaaad guys" that Omni is supposed to be.

I don't know if I've already said it, but if you guys need anything on RK1, my Fixer is named Emilin. I am a buff totem.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

-Troika- posted:

Do any of you have a QL150 support ear you'd be willing to sell? There are none on GMS.

I'll check

edit: I've got a 240 Ear Symbiant, Support. Want it?

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
I let my son have a early birthday present and start a froob account. I'm on a full account, but we're both MP's at ~10 now if anyone wants to have a go at leveling.

This is my first pet profession outside of the crat I gave up on (well, not entirely, but I'll try him again some day). Having three pets is a clusterfuck, but fun!

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Then slap a D-shark on and begin to amass tons of tells asking for FG/ES or "your rifle buffs plx"

I should have a Rhata'a'a'aaaaa and a Xan Envy on by next week, but being a Dshark Fix has been hilarious :)

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Tyshalob posted:

Are the Fixer item summoning nanos still useless?

I have a couple of the bottom rung ammo restocks, just as a novelty. Never spent a single point on Matter Creation.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Got my second Weapon Upgrade!

Envy of the Xan + Rhat'Ata Gun will go on in a few days, saying goodbye to DShark

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Metropolis blaster is sweet, sweet noise too. Every Fixer should have one.

Also, on RK1 anyone want to do 12 man drop me a line /tell Emilin

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Watchlar posted:

Needs big fuckoff belly, should be a proper fatrox :colbert:
who the hell even rolls slender/normal weight troxes.

I do!

I let me accounts lapse again. I just need something more to go on about the graphics engine, it's loving hard to spend that much time on this antique game.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001
Try playing an Agent who FP's every class :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

niff posted:

according to AO forums, Q1 2011 is when the new engine will be released - just in time for the game's 10th anniversary.

I can actually believe this.

• Locked thread