Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I played AO once before as a newbie but didn't make it very far, and this was after the game had gone into decline. Though I absolutely love the setting, music and atmosphere to it. It looks like the developers mixed Dune with Blade Runner.

I'd like to play it again. But Jesus Christ. If the game wasn't so byzantine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
so just before the new engine release Funcom gets raided by Norway's National Authority for Investigation and Prosecution of Economic and Environmental Crime?

Is this is a loving joke.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's the Waiting for Godot of games, as it's a giant existential joke.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUt1BMw1Qtg

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh God I'm doing it. I'm downloading.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
*stares at anarchy.exe*

*staring intensifies*

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Anarchy Online: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

*eye twitches involuntarily at the DOWNLOAD button on the Funcom website*

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hay guys

Been a few weeks since anyone posted anything.

Been watchin someone play AO on YouTube. I do other things on my second monitor I swear!

I don't know if that's sadder than playing AO.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
In lieu of playing Anarchy Online I've opted to watch an affable Welshman play it on YouTube.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Here's the YouTube channel I'm watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEkT7GsOcLU

It reminds me why I'm not playing AO but ... he's having so much fun

:3:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cobra-Commander posted:

Atrox fixer is the best, grid armor and a large hp bonus. I would main tank everything for my old clan mercenaries of kai, before we all left for swg when notum wars became unfun. The game has a great soundtrack also, worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8ryBJPTCg
the soundtrack does seriously own

maybe i'll play a MA...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Seems like it'd be better to just hand it over to the community like some of these other early-2000s MMOs.

Otherwise it's going the way of Shadowbane I think.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Age of Conan is to MMOs what the Ben-Hur reboot is to movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0&t=167s

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 22, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fewd posted:

Holy poo poo

Have you looked at the market terminal? The inflation seems to be going through the roof with the same rate as the game population is dying. Just couple things I looked and seems empty ancient devices are 400 million now, predator pieces varying but 30 million for pieces that were only couple before. 240+ viralbots 85m+. :lol:

Prices have literally multiplied with double digit amounts since I last played. You can forget about buying anything any more.

It's pretty depressing seeing AO in this state, all the bots are gone too because FC apprently banned the people who maintained them. So no more iraid, dnet, neutnet, nothing. Welp.

Tbh, funcum should just pull the plug on AO and stop raping its battered corpse.
This just now occurred to me, but with this it seems the way to play AO these days is to do it solo, froob, just to explore the general atmosphere at this point.

Which probably isn't a bad way to play all things considered.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, so inflation, but inflation because there are just so many credits sloshing around the in-game economy.

*wearing Froob shirt in-game, holds out cup for free money*

PLZ GIVE

Well, haven't done that yet, but I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kak posted:

God damnit stop bumping this. I get my hopes up someone has started a new org and want to resub.
This shambling zombie of a game / thread will never stop. You can't kill what's already dead.

• Locked thread