Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This game was pretty fun back in the day. I don't know if I'd ever play it again before the graphical update, but I had a good time with it and bad launch aside, when I played it there weren't very many bugs.

Of note, for the most part, the classes they call "hard" aren't really that bad. Especially the metaphysicist -- at least when I played, he had a combat pet, a healing pet, and a crowd control pet all at once, and a lot of the missions for me were just "follow pets around, make sure pets' buffs are up, watch my balls bounce all over everything."

I also played an enforcer and a martial artist, which were both super easy, and a bureaucrat, which is a bit more difficult but has a ton of crowd control. And you get to charm enemies and make them kill their friends for you, that's fun. :)

Vidmaster posted:

Twinking is everywhere. You can get away without doing much, but you'll probably wind up doing a bit whether you like it or not since it's a pretty important part of the game. It's also where a fair bit of the fun comes from, since it's always awesome getting stuff equipped that you obviously weren't intended to equip at your level or as your class. At high levels there's a fair bit of stuff that you actually need to twink on though, like the new doctor pistols which are impossible to equip below 220 due to the high multi-ranged requirement unless you do a shitload of twinking.

That was the part of the game I liked the least, really. "If I can get these 7 buffs I can jam this implant in and then I'll have enough to get this OTHER implant in and then I'll have enough to remove my foot implant and get this other implant on and if I can accomplish all that before my buffs run out then I can upgrade to my next level of skills." The sad thing is that the game seems to be balanced where it assumes you are going to go through all that twinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread