Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

How much power creep/inflation has there been since Alien Invasion came out? I had a 220 with all the raid gear at the time + several high level sets of those shadowlands implants that I have forgotten the name of and about 3-4 Billion credits(I was the first person to discover how to get the 9% Crit scopes for like a year) But if everything has been replaced by some common bullshit that drops like candy I won't bother reactivating that account. Also does everyone spend 24/7 grinding hecklers still? Because goddamn that was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

EDGECRUSHER posted:

Wish I could answer your question Tyshalob, but in my experience it's difficult to get attached to any particular weapon at lower levels because you just end up leveling past it faster than you think.

I just can't quit AO. I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall for so long that it's numb and it won't matter if I bang it some more. I'm going to sell a lot of poo poo and try my best to "buy" the drat items I need.

Sucks.

Don't hesitate to shoot me a tell if you need fgrid or other Fixer poo poo (Emilin is my main on RK1)

Back in the pre Alien Invasion days the best way I made money as a fixer was rolling max ql missions and using my fixer treasure bonus to get poo poo that other classes couldn't like extremely high medkits and scopes.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I would go Meta for my first character, NTs can be difficult to play and Engineers are always nagging Metas for buffs in order to be effective. Metas get a heal/tank/calming pet which makes them good at soloing and people are always after their buffs which would *in theory* get you lots of creds in tips.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Gearhead posted:

I've never quite gotten the logic behind making one class the buffer supreme for nanoskills.

It is a pain in the rear end, in the early days Metas were TERRIBLE and it was amazing to ever see one let alone nab a buff or two from them.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Also the best advice I can give to new froob players is go to Borealis as soon as you can, thats where most of the people are thus making it much easier to ask for help or get the buffs you need.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

You can get the dog at lvl 100 in the Adonis garden, but is strictly for shadowlands owners.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Don't follow some guide telling you what to raise, just raise your base weapon stats rifle/aimed shot and your nano skills as you need to cast new nanos only. Nano init isn't all that important as an agent as false profession kills your init anyway. Evades are important but sometimes they can wait until title level caps. Don't raise perception really theres tons of buffs for it, concealment is important but only raise as you need, usually around 5x the level of the mobs you are fighting, with ruse of taren/fp Adventurer for leet you don't have to raise it very much at early levels. Breaking and Entry don't bother with much at all, it is usually 2x the quality level of the mission you need to open doors/some chests and thats it. If you are going to cut back on base stats do not do Sense, sense trickles into a great deal of agent skills.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Acidian posted:

Thanks for all the good advice. I was thinking I needed perception so that I can spot other shades or agents who want to sneak attack me, but it occurs to me that I wont be doing any pvp until 200 levels, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it. The reason I cut back on ranged ini is because I read you need like 1000 points to get a 0.1s speed increase, which doesn't seem worth it at early levels.

Nanos are pretty expensive. I bought some expertise nanos to buff some of my skills, as well as the agent hold/damage buff nanos. Of the false profession ones I have only bought the doctor, as it seemed the most important one (for self heals). Still a couple of more levels before I can use it without buffing my nano skills. I should get click saver and use that to find the other ones I need for free. Implants seem to be absuredly expensive though, and I don't think I can use clicksaver to get better ones?

*edit* I just read a pretty good guide on making money by blitzing missions, which should go well with my agent's conceal ability. I seem to have missed the concrete cushions, but http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=124147 seems to be within my level range, and something to make easy money with. This would also help me with getting the other nanos and better implants.

Sadly clicksavering implants won't work all that well, if the prof ones are a bit too high for you price out having them tradeskilled, almost every person 100+ has enough skill to make lowbie implants for you. The point of ranged init is the higher your ranged init the more you can afford to pull back on the agg/def bar, the goal is 1050 ranged init so you can be full defensive and still shoot 1/1(the cap) full def is very important for survivability.

As far as FPs the most useful one for me at low levels if FP trader, you can drain to get better rifles on and you can use the trade comp lit buffs to get a decent belt on.

As far as armor goes make your way to Temple of the three winds and get your self shadowfade/shoulders/exarch robes/guardian circuit board/rings pretty much your entire outfit can be had there for free and it is all fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

All my accounts got reactivated, even some ancient ones way back from launch. Been going through them finding anything of value, come on Pioneer backpack!

• Locked thread