Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

There is a major update coming out thursday, which I assume is major because you have to pay for it and it has a name "Legacy of the Xan", despite not being marketed at all.

account page posted:

[ Product Info ]
Legacy of the Xan introduces hours of more content for all experienced Anarchy Online players. Discover the secrets of the mysterious Xan civilization as you progress through hundreds of new missions, and explore all new adventure areas on planet Rubi-Ka! Tons of new items, powers and artifacts are there for the taking - will you chase them?

* Explore two enormous new adventure areas, and discover a new central hub - the hidden-away city of the Xan civilization!
* Throw yourself into two new team instanced encounters, and face the challenges of a final twelve player raid encounter!
* Progress through hundreds of new solo and team missions and seek to uncover the truth in the complex Dust Brigade and Alien Invasion storylines!
* New powerful symbiants, spirits, and deck items - enabling you to boost your character to new heights!

some dev posted:

Q - I'm really looking forward to the playfields but will they require the same amount of organisation (regarding gathering people) as the DB quests and instances?

A great deal of the new content is made for solo style play. It will not be necessary to organise teams for the majority of the missions. That being said there are two new team instances and a final raid instance that will definitely provide challenge for group play.

Q - How much will the booster will cost?

There are a three different price options for the booster, based around the idea of rewarding long term subscription players for their loyalty and support through the paid points system.

19.99 USD / 19.99 EURO
OR
14.99 USD / 14.99 EURO + 500 Paid Points
OR
9.99 USD / 9.99 EURO + 1000 Paid Points

Q - Will we be able to order the booster pack early & if so, will there be a 'reward' for doing so?

A pre-order is currently being organised and I hope to see it out inside the next week. Players who pre-order will receive the new social Hoverchair. Useable anywhere, comfortable and stylish at any social occasion. I want one for the office.

(links to renders of the Hoverchair are at the bottom of this post!)

Q - Why is this content coming out as a 'booster' & not as a normal 'update'?

This booster is significantly larger...much much larger than any normal update. The resources spent on producing this booster were significant..significant beyond what we can safely produce as a business for free. At the end of the day I have to be able to afford the amazing talents of talented coders like Enno and Macrosun to make us the new engine/features we have all been waiting for. The previous 8 significant updates made to the game have been free... we'll try to keep up that pace and pricing as long as we can. There are elements of 18.0 that will be free for all users...ie: pvp toolset updates for many professions.

Q - What can avid PVPers expect from 18.0?

PVP toolset updates and powerfull Xan Artifacts will spice up pvp in 18.0.

These are some of the basics we are working to implement in 18.0 (Available for purchase from Ofab Vendors, NOT dependant on purchase of the booster.)

Martial Artist - Single Target Fears
Engineer - AOE Knockback Mines
Fixer - Fear Immunity - NCU Cleanser
Agent - FP other's nanos
Trader - Single Target Shotgun Knockback
Crat - AOE Fears
Enforcer - Knockback Stun and Single Target Fears
Doctor - Fear Removal from Friendly Targets
Nanotech - AOE Knockback
Keeper - Fear Immunity Aura

Q - Will all the new instances/playfields and its loot be requiring to have the booster pack to enter/use?

You will need the booster to access the content of this booster.

Q - Combined Combined Combined Combined?

Not in the booster, not in a future patch. No No No. The last thing we need is more overpowered armor. Alien armor was originally concepted as something players would have one or two pieces of. The original designer of these items did not understand you guys at all.

Q - So are shades finally getting QL 280-300 Spirits?

Yes.

I was planning on reactivating anyway but this gives me pretty good reason to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I'll tell you what wont ever be fixed or improved, Agent false professions. :(
:colbert:

Everyone here seems to know what these are but I can't find a definitive list anywhere other than that there will be better MP healpets and NCU expanding buffs. Anyone know where to find out?

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

SilverSmoke posted:

I recently started playing AO for a bit again, mostly because it's free but it's pretty boring(missions) and empty thus far.(RK1)

I'm thinking of getting SL but something is telling me that it won't be much busier..people still doing hecklers only and ignoring the other 95% of the playing area?

I havent been above 170 but 95% seems a bit high. Alien stuff, battlestations (pvp) and the high level mission things in SL are pretty busy.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

EDGECRUSHER posted:

drat, I just re-upped and missed that it was already on live. Damnit.

Says agents can use new nanos in FP. I don't want to break out the alt account just yet, but man it'd be sweet to cast comp mochs with him :]

I hope that's what it means.

* Enfo: Mongo's Gargantua, Mongo's Mighty Colossus, Mongo's Mega Leviathan
* Advy: Lifecure, Lupus Oculus, Vision of the Wolf, Freedom of the Forester, Freedom of the Ranger, Light of Life
* Crat: Motivational Speech: Opportunity Knocks, Motivational Speech: Organizational Opportunitites, Motivational Speech: Only the Paranoid Will Survive!, Motivational Speech: Implement Through Iteration
* MA: Aegis of Metal, Aegis of Stone
* Engi/Crat/MP: Pet Attention, Improved Pet Attention, Pet Steal Back, Improved Pet Steal Back
* Fixer: Shadow Trail, Shadow Step, NCU Compressor, Retool NCU, Jury-rigged NCU Analyzer, Deck Recoder
* MP: Calling of Curatem The Grand, Calling of Altumus, Calling of The Vivificator, Composite Teachings, Composite Mastery

Composite mastery :toot:

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Tyshalob posted:

How terrible is soloing with an NT? I prefer to do stuff like leveling and missions on my own. Did I pick the wrong profession for that?

NTs are the gods of solo levelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I assumed it was running on some forgotten computer deep within the backbone of the internet, lost for all time

• Locked thread